Let loose a bestial roar to rally the spirit and increase attack power. While active, strong attacks change to savage combo attacks.
Barbaric Roar Buff Details in Elden Ring
- Adds 7.5% Physical Damage
- Adds +5 Strength scaling (This adds points to the scaling modifier of the weapon rather than your strength stat, though it's not exactly clear when in the damage formula it's added)
- Altered Strong Attack
How to get Barbaric Roar
- Default Skill of the Club, Curved Great Club, Rusted Anchor, and Spiked Club.
- Default skill of the Butchering Knife.
- Default skill of the Greataxe.
- On a Teardrop Scarab in Ravine-Veiled Village, found by going as far northeast as possible in Lake of Liurnia (near but not accessible from Grand Lift of Dectus).
Elden Ring Barbaric Roar Guide
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Barbaric Roar.
- FP Cost: 16
- The Skill's effect lasts 40 seconds.
- This Skill is not Chargeable
- Greataxe' Barbaric Roar grants roughly 10% AR also changes the Heavy attack into an advancing 3-hit combo.
- Roar Medallion will further increase heavy attack damage by 15% during the buff.
- Works similarly to War Cry, another Ash of War skill, however, depending on which one is used, the heavy attack animation is different.
- Counts as a weapon buff, so it overwrites other weapon buffs like Grease.
- Weapon Attack Patterns
- Straight Sword, Katana, Flail, Hammer, and Axe: Two horizontal slashes and one upward diagonal slash. Follow up is a 2 hit combo, an upward slash followed by a heavy overhead slash
- Greatsword, Great Hammer, Greataxe, and Reaper: Two Horizontal slashes and one big downward slash. Follow up is a single massive overhead slash.
- Colossal Weapons and Swords: Identical to Greatsword et al. but the move comes out slightly slower
- Twinblade: A three hit horizontal slashing combo that holds the weapon close to one side of the handle, increasing its range slightly. Follow up attack is a single massive downward thrust
- Spear, Greatspear, and Halberd: Two overhead slashing attacks, followed by an overhead thrust. Follow up attack is a single massive downward thrust
- Fists and Claws: A right cross, followed by a left cross, then ended by a spinning two handed attack. Follow up attack starts with a two handed uppercut, then brings both hands down in a big overhead. Note that when one handed, the attack pattern remains the same, despite the lack of the second hand.
Note: This Skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows:
- Effect duration has been extended from 20 to 40 seconds.
- Time between using the skill and performing various actions has been reduced.
- Strong attack power when used with Claw or Fist weapons during the effect has been increased.
- Strong attack power when used with Twinblade weapons during the effect has been reduced.
Elden Ring Barbaric Roar Notes & Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!