Ready the shield, then launch a fireball from the barrel. The fireball explodes on impact.
How to get Flame Spit in Elden Ring
- Default skill on the One-Eyed Shield.
Elden Ring Flame Spit Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is a Unique skill.
- FP cost: 28.
- Stamina cost: 0.
- The projectile does not travel far and heavily arcs. This cannot be augmented by talismans or otherwise. Upon striking a surface or entity, the projectile explodes, covering a small radius.
- The skill can be free-aimed in an upward arc with a bit of practice, allowing you to increase the range significantly. The AOE of the projectile makes this strategy pretty forgiving.
- This skill is not charged, but "readied". The weapon has to go through the readying animation before it can fire, which takes about 1.5 seconds. The player is stuck in this state until the ready animation finishes, after which they can roll or fire. The weapon will automatically fire if the skill button is not held. Once the weapon is readied, the player cannot change the way they are facing but they can still aim in that general direction.
- Note that when the skill is readied, frontal attacks can be blocked, but Guard Boost of the shield is reduced by a very significant amount, and many attacks will instantly break even high-endurance player.
- Skill damage can be buffed from multiple sources:
- Can work decently well in PvP:
- Its skill is rarely seen online due to low usage rate (mostly because the shield is obtained late in the game). The readying animation can be deceptive to other players, in that it looks like you're blocking, not actually preparing an attack.
- You don't have to actually hit the target, the splash damage is enough. You can also shoot at the floor in front of you to catch players during jump attacks or at the end of their roll.
- The heavy arc of the projectile can sometimes be used in some situations to indirectly attack targets over obstacles.
- It does good enough damage that it can potentially kill heavily armored players in one hit if they don't have good enough fire damage negation, provided you stack enough damage talismans, incantations, mixed physick, etc.
- Only requires the base 36 strength to wield the shield using this skill, other points can be put in survivability or sustainability instead.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!