Swing armament with wild abandon. Hold to continue swinging. Can be followed up with a normal or strong attack.
How to get Wild Strikes
- Default skill on the Battle Axe
- Default skill on the Jawbone Axe
- Default skill for the Ripple Blade
- Dropped from a Teardrop Scarab located in the middle of the path leading from the Stormhill Shack site of grace to the Castleward Tunnel site of grace. Elden Ring Map Link.
Elden Ring Wild Strikes Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Wild Strikes.
- FP Cost: 2 (6 10)
- This Skill is not Chargeable
- Upon activation, the user swings around their armament (weapon) to the front with wide overheading strikes.
- This consumes the stated 2 FP.
- The player must hold the skill button to keep swinging. Mantaining this keeps consuming FP.
- Stamina consumption depends of the armament, but remais low overall.
- This skill resets most of the Poise the player has when used, allowing them to refresh it quickly.
- The swings do not receive status buildup penalty when hitting an enemy. Can be used for quick buildup on opening windows.
- Pressing Light Attack during the swinging animation will cause the user to transition into a wide sweeping strike to the front.
- This can be aimed in any direction
- This consumes the stated 6 FP
- Pressing Heavy Attack during the swinging animation will cause the user to transition into a heavy overhead blow
- This consumes the stated 10 FP.
- This skill is particularly useful on weapons with a innate status buildup like the Morning Star.
- Because the skill carries no penalties on buildup when used, the player can opt to use greases to their weapons to apply things like Rot, Freeze, Poison and Bleed.
- Against enemies with long stance-break animations (like Dragons) it can often be more effective to spam Wild Strikes instead of going for the critical hit, provided they have FP remaining.
- This becomes specially true when applying status effects to the enemies.
- If used without FP:
- Loses most of it's damage on the swings.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!