Raise the sword aloft, bathing it in the light of the dark moon.
Temporarily increases magic attack power and imbues blade with frost.
Charged attacks release blasts of moonlight.
How to get Moonlight Greatsword
- Default skill for the Dark Moon Greatsword
Elden Ring Moonlight Greatsword Guide
- This is a Unique Skill
- FP Cost: 32
- Lasts 60 seconds
- Adds 65 Magic Damage and 15 Frost buildup to attacks
- This skill is a weapon buff, chargeable* weapon skill that deals magic damage using charged heavy attacks. This means it is affected by a wide variety of buffs and talismans:
- *The Skill itself is not technically Chargeable, but the projectiles fired by heavy attacks benefit from charging the heavy attack, so they are affected by the Godfrey Icon, but not by the Axe Talisman, curiously.
- As part of a skill, the projectiles are affected by the Shard of Alexander or the Warrior Jar Shard.
- The Axe Talisman and Spiked Cracked Tear still affect the physical swings of the weapon should they connect with an enemy, but not the projectiles.
- The Magic Scorpion Charm and Terra Magica affect both the swings and the projectiles since they deal magic damage.
- The Spellblade Set affects the projectiles as well, since they are part of a magic damage dealing weapon skill.
- Since it counts as a weapon buff, it is stackable with unique, shield and body buffs, such as the Magic-Shrouding Cracked Tear, Rallying Standard or Contagious Fury.
- The projectiles fired by heavy attacks while this buff is active deal more damage and cause increased stagger if the heavy attack is fully charged. (35 stance damage)
- Only the skill itself that infuses the blade with magic consumes FP. Launching energy waves using the heavy attack while the skill is active only consumes stamina.
Note: This Skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows:
- Stamina consumption for strong and charged attacks has been reduced. (Makes some of the builds buffed, like Moonlight Crusader)
- Damage detection to the weapon part has been added.
Builds with Moonlight Greatsword
Elden Ring Moonlight Greatsword Notes & Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!