Skill used by the enchanted knights who served the Carian royal family. Form an arch of magic glintblades overhead, which will attack foes automatically. Follow up with a strong attack to chain this skill into a lunging thrust.
Glintblade Phalanx is a Skill in Elden Ring. Glintblade Phalanx creates glintstone blades over your head that attack enemies automatically when they get close enough.
Please visit Glintblade Phalanx for the Spell variant of this Skill.
How to get Glintblade Phalanx
- Acquired from Rogier's Rapier.
- After defeating Godrick the Grafted in Stormveil Castle, Rogier can be found in Roundtable Hold, by the balcony. After speaking to him, and receiving his rapier, the skill may be removed from the rapier in order to be applied to other armaments.
Elden Ring Glintblade Phalanx Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx.
- FP Cost: 10 on use, 4 on follow up.
- This totals to a 14 FP cost.
- This Skill not Chargeable
- Upon activation, the user raises their armament (weapon) to the air, creating an arch of homing glintblades that hovers over their head.
- Inputting the strong attack button will make the user perform a thrust that covers a fair amount of distance in a single direction.
- The glintblades created have the property of dealing unusually high Stance damage (10 per blade, for a total of 40).
- The spell version of this Weapon Skill does not have this stance damage property.
- The follow up thrust can be aimed to lunge in any direction.
- This attack also deals Stance damage equivalent to a jumping heavy attack of the weapon type used.
- Because stance-breaking enemies becomes easier, it presents the opportunity to deal Criticals more often.
- A great talisman to offset the FP cost is the Assassin's Cerulean Dagger.
- If used without FP:
- Does not create glintstone blades.
- Follow up thrust deals less damage.
- Glintblades summoned deal 100% Magic Damage, and scale with Intelligence regardless of the Infusion used (even Heavy or Keen). The follow up attack deals damage based on Attack Rating and the damage type matches the same as the weapon, including ratio of damage types.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
Damage type on the thrust forward? And how does it scale
Does affinity chosen affect the damage of the Phalanx, or only weapon upgrade and intelligence? (if weapon upg and int is the same, does keen or heavy affinity will have the phalanx do same damage as magic affinity?)
What scales the damage of these glintblades?
Do the blades proc frost if you set the weapon to frost?
Glintblade Phalanx has always been a great AoW, being a strict upgrade over the spell version in usefulness thanks to the high stagger.
However, today 1.0.8 nerfed Flame of the Redmanes to 10 stagger damage, making this even better as its now a potential replacement for those who were using FotR for a stagger build. It only requires a little more effort, namely beating Godrick as opposed to rushing Caelid, but it's arguably an easier task for those not willing to deal with Caelids brand of nonsense.
Does the Beastman Curved Sword has slightly higher follow-up stance damage comparing with other curved swords? Given it has different jumping attack move and stance damage. Thank you.
Does the follow-up has the same damage as the pellet?
Does this carry the cold/frostbite ability granted by the affinity?
Since Glintblade Phalanx has a habit of copying strange effects from weapon buff magic, I decided to try combo-ing Unseen Blade with this. Invisible Glintblades would be cool as heck.
Glintblade Phalanx is unaffected by Unseen Blade
Why not fuse all these pages with their respective AoW pages? I don!t see the point in having 2 different pages for basically the same.
Anybody know if this scales with the Weapon Damage itself or just the magic damage? Or even just int? Curious how I can align my stats.
This works with bloodflame blade btw