Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx provides Magic affinity and the Glintblade Phalanx Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
Please visit Glintblade Phalanx for the Spell variant.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Magic affinity and the following skill:
"Glintblade Phalanx: Skill used by the enchanted knights who served the Carian royal family. Form an arch of magic glintblades overhead, which will attack foes automatically. Follow up with a strong attack to chain this skill into a lunging thrust."
Usable on swords as well as polearms capable of thrusting (colossal weapons excepted).
Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx Location in Elden Ring
- Acquired from Rogier's Rapier.
- After defeating Godrick the Grafted in Stormveil Castle, Rogier can be found in Roundtable Hold, by the balcony. After speaking to him, and receiving his rapier, the skill may be removed from the rapier in order to be applied to other armaments.
Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Glintblade Phalanx.
- Provides the Magic affinity, which adds Magic damage and Intelligence scaling, reduces base damage and Strength / Dexterity scaling.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Magic, Cold.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Daggers, Straight Swords, Greatswords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Thrusting Swords, Heavy Thrusting Swords, Spears, Great Spears, Halberds.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx
Ash of War: Glintblade Phalanx Notes & Tips
- This skill does 40 poise damage, 10 for each magical sword.
- Unlike its spell counterpart, this variant of Glintblade Phalanx deals substantial damage to an enemy's stance; assuming all four swords land on the desired target, most enemies' stance can be broken with merely one or two casts.
- Also unlike Glintblade Phalanx spell counterpart, the caster gets rooted in place for the duration of the cast animation.