Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado provides Flame Art affinity and the Black Flame Tornado Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Flame affinity and the following skill:
"Black Flame Tornado: Spin armament overhead and then plunge it into the ground to summon a raging vortex of black flames. Hold to create an initial flame tornado while spinning the armament."
Usable on polearms and twinblades.
Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado:
- Crumbling Farum Azula: Dropped by the Godskin Duo Boss inside the Dragon Temple area. Elden Ring Map Link.
Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Black Flame Tornado.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Fire, Flame Art
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Twinblades, Spears, Great Spears, Halberds, Reapers
Elden Ring Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado Notes & Tips
- Will grant Flame weapon affinity by default, reducing base damage as well as strength, and dexterity scaling in exchange for adding faith scaling and fire damage.
- If used uncharged, the player will slam their armament into the ground after a lengthy windup, creating a high damage short-lived AOE around the player, knocking most moderate-sized enemies into the air.
- If charged, the player character will spin their armament to create a fire tornado around the player up to 5 times, with each hit dealing fire damage and applying the black flame debuff (Take damage equal to a % of your max hp over a short period of time) before slamming their armament into the ground.