Ash of War: Phantom Slash is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Phantom Slash provides Quality affinity and the Phantom Slash Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Quality affinity and the following skill:
"Phantom Slash: Skill inspired by the fond remembrances of the Night's Cavalry. Creates an apparition of the knights' former instructor who guides a joint lunging upward swing. Additional input allows for a follow-up attack."
Usable on polearms and twinblades (great spears excepted).
Ash of War: Phantom Slash Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Phantom Slash:
- Dropped by a Night's Cavalry northeast the Forbidden Lands Grace in the Forbidden Lands. Elden Ring Map Link.
Ash of War: Phantom Slash Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Phantom Slash.
- Can be used with any affinity Upgrade.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Twinblades, Spears, Halberds, Reapers
Elden Ring Ash of War: Phantom Slash Notes & Tips
- Locking on and sprinting sideways or backwards before using the skill will send the phantom towards the target while moving you to the side or back. Useful for hitting enemies during lengthy combos/abilities (e.g. Rivers of Blood's Corpse Piler, Waterfowl Dance, Bloodblade Dance, etc.)
- Sprinting sideways (left/right) will send the phantom towards the target, and send you left or right.
- Sprinting backwards will send the phantom towards the target, and send you back.
- Sprinting diagonal forward (left/right + forward) will send the phantom to the target, and send you right/left of the phantom.
- Sprinting diagonal backward (left/right + back) will send the phantom to the target, and send you backwards to the left/right.