Ash of War: Seppuku is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Seppuku provides Blood affinity and the Seppuku Skill for 60 seconds. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Blood and the following skill:
"Seppuku: A forbidden technique used by swordsmen from the Land of Reeds. Plunge the blade into your stomach to stain it with blood. Increases attack power and improves ability to inflict blood loss."
Usable on swords as well as polearms capable of thrusting (small and colossal weapons not included).
Ash of War: Seppuku Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Seppuku:
- On the frozen lake east of the Freezing Lake site of grace in the Mountaintops of The Giants, dropped by an invisible scarab. [Map Link]
Ash of War: Seppuku Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Seppuku.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Poison, Blood, Occult
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Straight Swords, Greatswords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Thrusting Swords, Heavy Thrusting Swords, Spears, Great Spears, Halberds
Ash of War: Seppuku Videos
Elden Ring Ash of War: Seppuku Notes & Tips
- Conflicts with (both cannot affect a weapon simultaneously): Bloodflame
- The self-damage caused by this skill doesn't trigger the damage negation from Opaline Bubbletear, meaning both can be used together.
- Can effectively be used to counter blood loss caused by enemies or in PvP. When used, the weapon art will trigger blood loss, dispelling the blood loss gauge no matter how much it has been built up, sacrifcing only 10% of your HP for using the weapon art instead of losing a larger chunk because of blood loss being procced by enemies or another players.
- The blood loss inflicted upon yourself can activate the effects of the White Mask and Lord of Blood's Exultation, granting you a very powerful 30% damage increase immediately.
- Seppuku's buff scales with Arcane, providing a higher bleed buildup with weapons that have either innate scaling, or gain said scaling (via Occult infusion).
- A 80 Arcane Occult-infused weapon with innate bleed will gain more bleed buildup from Seppuku than a Blood-infused weapon with Seppuku.