Ash of War: Square Off is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Square Off provides Quality affinity and the Square Off Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Quality affinity and the following skill:
"Square Off: This skill starts with the sword held level. Follow up with a normal attack to slash upwards through enemy's guard, or a strong attack to perform a running thrust."
Usable on straight swords.
Ash of War: Square Off Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Square Off:
- Dropped by a Teardrop Scarab found at the edge of the western cliff in front of a large waterfall North-Northwest of the Worshippers' Woods site of grace in Siofra River. [Elden Ring Map Link] Video Location
Ash of War: Square Off Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Square Off.
- Provides the Quality affinity, which balances Strength and Dexterity scaling, decreases Base damage.
- Can be used with any affinity Upgrade.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Straight Swords.
- Activation will put your character into an attacking stance:
- Your light attack will cause your character to do a forward upward swing, which does a large amount of stance damage, and heavily damages stamina to enemies that are blocking, making them susceptible to guard breaks.
- Your heavy attack will cause your character to do a running forward thrust, which does a considerable amount of damage, and heavily damages stance.
- This can also catch people rolling back after a riposte if timed well in PVP.
Elden Ring Ash of War: Square Off Notes & Tips
- Notes and player tips go here.