Ash of War: Carian Grandeur is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Carian Grandeur provides Magic affinity and the Carian Grandeur Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Magic affinity and the following skill:
"Carian Grandeur: Carian royal prestige embodied in a skill. Transform blade into a magical greatsword and swing it down. Can be charged to increase its power by up to two levels."
Usable on swords (colossal weapons excepted).
Ash of War: Carian Grandeur Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Carian Grandeur:
- Caria Manor: High above a large stone structure. This is accessible by climbing down the cliffside graveyard from the manor's upper level. From Manor Upper Level Site of Grace, head north out the door and down the stairs, follow the path and up the stairs past the mages and the giant, go up the stairs on either side, but instead of proceeding through the doorway in front of you, go through the far door on the left. From here, carefully drop down the wooden platforms and you should reach a graveyard area with some jar warriors, drop down a few more ledges, and you should see this Ash on a corpse lying on top of an archway. [Elden Ring Map Link] Video Location
Ash of War: Carian Grandeur Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Carian Grandeur.
- Provides the Magic affinity, which adds Magic damage and Intelligence scaling, reduces Base damage and Strength / Dexterity scaling.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Magic, Cold.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Daggers, Straight Swords, Greatswords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Thrusting Swords, Heavy Thrusting Swords.
Elden Ring Ash of War: Carian Grandeur Notes & Tips
- Is outperformed by Carian Greatsword in terms of damage if Carian Grandeur is only charged once. Carian Grandeur charges more quickly however, making it easier to use.
- Damage of Carian Grandeur scales with Int, upgrade level, and infusion affinity, not with weapon's AR or Int scaling value.