Ash of War: Giant Hunt is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Giant Hunt provides Quality affinity and the Giant Hunt Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Quality affinity and the following skill:
"Giant Hunt: Skill developed for confronting gigantic foes. Step forward from a low stance, carrying the momentum into a sudden upward thrust."
Usable on large and colossal weapons capable of thrusting, spears, and twinblades.
Ash of War: Giant Hunt Location in Elden Ring
- Previously dropped by the lone wandering Troll Knight (no longer as of 1.03.02). [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Dropped by area boss in northern Liurnia, Night's Cavalry, between Bellum Church and East Raya Lucaria Gate sites of grace. Only appears at night. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Ash of War: Giant Hunt Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Giant Hunt.
- Provides the Quality affinity, which balances Strength and Dexterity scaling, decreases base damage.
- Can be used with any affinity Upgrade.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Greatswords, Colossal Swords, Twinblades, Heavy Thrusting Swords, Spears, Great Spears, and Halberds.
- Deals Pierce damage, and works with the Spear Talisman, for increased counter-attack damage.
- Despite its seemingly lengthy animation, this skill cannot be charged.
Elden Ring Ash of War: Giant Hunt Notes & Tips
- Giant Hunt provides the highest singular strike damage out of all the thrust Ashes of War.
- Can send medium-sized humanoid enemies flying up in the air, as long as they have no hyperarmor active, forcing long combat recovery.
- Giant Hunt lowers the user's hitbox mid-animation, allowing them to dodge certain enemy attacks.
- This Ash of War is a potent option for roll-catching PvP opponents.