Ash of War: War Cry is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: War Cry provides Heavy affinity and the War Cry Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Heavy affinity and the following skill:
"War Cry: Give a war cry to rally the spirit and increase attack power. While active, strong attacks change to charging attacks."
Usable on melee armaments (daggers, thrusting swords, and whips excepted).
Ash of War: War Cry Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: War Cry:
- Sold by Knight Bernahl at the Warmaster's Shack for 800 . Elden Ring Map Link.
- Can be purchased from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold after giving them Bernahl's Bell Bearing.
Ash of War: War Cry Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill War Cry.
- Provides the Heavy affinity, increases Strength scaling, decreases all other scaling types.
- Can be used with any affinity Upgrade.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Straight Swords, Greatswords, Colossal Swords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Hammers, Great Hammers, Axes, Greataxes, Flails, Spears, Great Spears, Halberds, Reapers, Fists, Claws, Colossal Weapons
- Duration: 20 seconds.
Elden Ring Ash of War: War Cry Notes & Tips
- When this ash is active, holding down R2 will give you a charging attack that will stagger most enemies multiple times before landing in a heavy swing.
- Charging in this context does not mean powering up your swing but rather charging as in moving forward unstoppably.
- Counts as a weapon buff despite the appearance of a red aura around the player model; using a weapon grease or weapon-enhancing incantation will remove the War Cry effect.
- Buff stacks with Stormhawk Deenh summon's war cry AoE buff.
Builds with Ash of War: War Cry