Ash of War: Holy Ground is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Holy Ground provides Sacred affinity and the Holy Ground Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Sacred affinity and the following skill:
"Holy Ground: Raise shield to create an Erdtree-consecrated area that continuously restores HP and boosts defense for self and allies inside it."
Usable on all shields.
Ash of War: Holy Ground Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Holy Ground:
- Obtained inside the Auriza Hero's Grave by destroying three specific Chariots. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Doing this involves quite a few steps:
- From this first Chariot Hall, drop down the openings on either side just before the second ramp.
- In the room below, head west and up the steps and then turn right in the next corridor. Follow the path and you will end up in a large Chariot Hall where two Chariots are running almost side by side, with a short delay between them. These are the Chariots you need to destroy.
- Head down the hall all the way to the bottom where there is a large pit behind some pillars. Looking down, you will find several wooden beams you can drop down onto.
- Navigate your way down onto the lowest beam you can drop down to and then head south towards an archway with a ladder in the back. Climb up the ladder to reach another Chariot Hall with a single Chariot.
- Wait for the Chariot to head downwards and then run up the ramp and enter the chamber on the right where you will find a flamethrower pillar. Hit the pillar to raise it which will activate the circular golden seal in the middle of the large double Chariot Hall, teleporting the Chariot from the third hall and causing it to collide with the double Chariots.
- From here, you will need to return to the large hall to witness the collision event and collect your items. The easiest way to do this is by killing yourself or using the Memory of Grace tool (if you don't care about your runes) to return to the Site of Grace. Alternatively, from the flamethrower pillar room, return to the third Chariot Hall, go all the way down the ramp and turn left into a corridor. Take another left to find a lift which will take you up to a chamber where the flamethrower pillar was raised. Wait for breaks between flame spews and head through the corridor in the north. There is an alcove on the right halfway through the corridor which you can use to safely wait for another break before heading towards the end. At the end of this corridor, you can turn left to return to the large Chariot Hall. After the Chariots crash into each other, you will receive the Ash of War along with the Tree Sentinel Armor Set.
Ash of War: Holy Ground Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Holy Ground.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Lightning, Sacred
- Can be applied to the following shield categories, so long as the shield allows skill replacement: Small Shields, Medium Shields, Greatshields
- Lasts for 35 Sec and consumes 30FP, heals around 17 HP/Sec (restores 600 HP over the duration)
- Stacks with Blessed Dew Talisman
Elden Ring Ash of War: Holy Ground Notes & Tips
- Notes and player tips go here.