Ash of War: Flaming Strike is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Flaming Strike provides Fire and Flame Art affinity and the Flaming Strike Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Fire affinity and the following skill:
"Flaming Strike: Skill that emits flame in a wide frontward arc. Follow up with a strong attack to perform a lunging, sweeping strike. This will also coat the armament in fire."
Usable on melee armaments (colossal weapons and whips excepted).
Ash of War: Flaming Strike Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Flaming Strike:
- Redmane Castle, dropped by a Teardrop Scarab in a small graveyard along the south cliffside behind the castle. From the front gate, hug right along the cliff towards the ballista, going up and past the vampire bats. There will be a small gap in the cliff that must be jumped across to get to the graveyard. Map Link
- From the Chamber Outside the Plaza site of grace, head south. Make your way through the barricades and head down the stairs to the SW (there is a transporter on them). Go past the tree with hanged men and make a south up a few short stairways into the castle. Go up the stairway inside and head outside again to the south. Either a) Make a left and turn right/south to enter the castle again, taking out any resting soldiers if need be. On the left side at the other end of the room is a door which opens up into the graveyard area (only openable from this side).
OR b) instead of making a left, continue eastward, go up the ladder, make a right and go up some stairs, turn west, then south after the castle turret, and move onto a wooden ramp curving counterclockwise around the turret. Go down the ladder here to enter the graveyard. The door in the above method can be seen to the west, up several flights of wooden stairs.
- Video Location
Ash of War: Flaming Strike Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Flaming Strike.
- Provides the Fire affinity, which adds Fire damage, decreases default scaling. Buff lasts around 20 seconds.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Fire, Flame Art
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Daggers, Straight Swords, Greatswords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Thrusting Swords, Heavy Thrusting Swords, Hammers, Great Hammers, Axes, Greataxes, Flails, Spears, Great Spears, Halberds, Reapers, Fists, Claws
Elden Ring Ash of War: Flaming Strike Notes & Tips
- If the Radahn Festival is currently Active, this Ash of War is completely Inaccessible unless the Festival is over. To turn the festival off the player must defeat Starscourge Radahn and talk to the NPC in the church after. Exhaust the dialouge and reload via fast travel/resting and the ash of war will then become accessible. (Or accessed by following the right side of the castle till reaching the graveyard).