Ash of War: Sword Dance is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Sword Dance provides Keen affinity and the Sword Dance Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Keen affinity and the following skill:
"Sword Dance: Quickly close in to perform a series of spinning upward slashes. Follow up with an additional input to finish with a downward slash."
Usable on swords, axes, and polearms capable of slashing (colossal weapons and great spears excepted).
Ash of War: Sword Dance Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Sword Dance:
- Dropped by a Teardrop Scarab found near the Minor Erdtree in southwest Liurnia, below the cliffs leading to a path where several jellyfish are located. Elden Ring Map Link.
Ash of War: Sword Dance Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Sword Dance.
- Provides the Keen affinity, which increases Dexterity scaling, decreases Strength and Base damage.
- Can be used with any affinity Upgrade.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Daggers, Straight Swords, Greatswords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Axes, Greataxes, Spears, Halberds, Reapers
Builds with Ash of War: Sword Dance
Elden Ring Ash of War: Sword Dance Notes & Tips
- The initial skill input will make the user spin forward a moderate distance and hit twice. An aditional input will slam the armament to the ground, hitting again.
- Distance covered is the same, regardless of weapon class.
- The speed of both inputs in relation to the attacks can vary. This is based on the weapon class of the armament in question that has the skill.
- "Small" armaments such as Daggers, Straight Swords, Curved Swords, Katanas and Axes have overall fast speed on both inputs. There's almost no delay between the input and the attacks.
- "Large" armaments such as Greatswords, Twinblades, Greataxes, Spears, Halberds and Scythes (Reapers) have a slight attack delay on the first input, and a longer, considerable delay, on the second input.