Sheathe blade, holding it at the hip in a composed stance.
Follow up with either a normal or a strong attack to draw the blade at great speed for an instant slash attack. Both attacks fire off a wave of light.
Transient Moonlight is the unique Skill found on Moonveil, a Katana in Elden Ring. This skill allows the wielder of the Katana to assume a sheathed Iaido-style stance which is then followed up by two unique slashing attacks. The Light Attack triggers a wide horizontal slash (roughly 75º-90º directly in front of the player), releasing an arc-shaped magic projectile attack. The Heavy Attack triggers a vertical downward slash, also releasing a similar projectile attack.
The projectiles take the form of a medium range (approx. half the range of a standard throwing knife) blue arc. They can be aimed freely, including up and down vertical control, a useful tool when dealing with large enemies with weak points above standard striking level, such as the heads of dragons. While Moonveil deals split physical (slashing) and magical damage, the beam released from this skill deals strictly magical damage. Hitting a target with the physical blade whilst using this skill unleashes the full damage potential of the weapon, stacking the katana's physical damage, magical damage, and the magical damage of the projectile in one swift strike.
How to get Transient Moonlight in Elden Ring
- Default skill on Moonveil.
Elden Ring Transient Moonlight Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is a Unique Skill
- FP Cost: - (15 20)
- This Skill is not Chargeable
- Wearing Spellblade Set increases the damage
- This Skill can be cancelled without expending FP by releasing the skill button before unleashing the light or heavy attack.
- The Light Attack is excellent for crowd control against hoards of low-poise enemies.
- This Skill deals 12.5 Poise damage with the magic projectile using either variant. A direct hit from the Moonveil used to fire it will do an additional 15 using the Light Attack variant for a total of 27.5 Poise damage. The Heavy Attack variant deals an additional 17.5 with the Katana itself for a total of 30 Poise damage on a direct strike.
- The heavy attack's projectile can be aimed upward or downward by using camera free aim.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08 the poise damage of the weapon slash part has been increased, and the poise damage of the magic wave has been reduced.
Builds with Transient Moonlight