Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Locations
- Most commonly found near any bodies of water
- Siofra River
- Found in north-western edges of the map, on the ground levels of the river.
- Liurnia of the Lakes
- South-west of Temple Quarter Site of Grace.
- Many are found in the Hidden Path to the Haligtree
- Weeping Peninsula
- South-west of the Minor Erdtree in the area
- Consecrated Snowfield
- Some are found near the frozen river, and be lured to fight against Theodorix.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Combat Information
- Poise: 65
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
- Poison: 226 - 267
- Scarlet Rot: 226 - 267
- Hemorrhage: 226 - 267
- Frostbite: 127 - 150
- Sleep: 169 - 200
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Drops & Drop Rates
Notes & Tips
- Land Octopuses take reduced damage to all areas except their beak.
- The octopus can be staggered with a single charged heavy attack from a sufficiently heavy weapon (e.g. Pickaxe). They take massive damage from critical hits.
- Giant Octopuses are very weak to Hemorrhage, any weapon that can bleed will be very effective.
- If damaged significantly, it will eat one of its tentacles to regain health. The tentacles can also be cut off, reducing its range of attack, but it can regenerate them.
Beware of the long reach of its forward attacks.
- Land Octopuses will sometimes eat one of their tentacles to heal themselves, and staggering them before the end of the animation will prevent the healing.
- A similar enemy, the Kraken, is found in the game King's Field, also made by From. A giant Kraken in that game serves as a sort of boss.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Image Gallery