Fast, aggressive, and deadly, these larger Land Octopuses are a force to be reckoned with. They often use their tentacles to attack, and cutting them off is often a temporary solution, as they can quickly grow it back.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Locations
- Siofra River
- Found in north-western edges of the map, on the ground levels of the river.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Combat Information
- Poise: 65
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
- Poison: 226 - 267
- Scarlet Rot: 226 - 267
- Hemorrhage: 226 - 267
- Frostbite: 127 - 150
- Sleep: 169 - 200
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Drops & Drop Rates
Notes & Tips
- Land Octopuses take reduced damage to all areas except their beak.
- The octopus can be staggered with a single charged heavy attack from a sufficiently heavy weapon (e.g. Pickaxe). This enables a critical hit (attack the beak area) and, if repeated, dispatches the enemy quickly with low risk.
- Land Octopuses are very weak to Hemorrhage, any weapon that can bleed will be very effective.
- The octopus's tentacles can be cut off, but it can regenerate them. Beware of the long reach of its forward attacks.
- Land Octopuses will sometimes eat one of their tentacles to heal themselves, staggering them before the end of the animation will prevent the healing.
Elden Ring Giant Land Octopus Image Gallery