Lesser Runebears are a type of Wildlife in Elden Ring.
A Lesser Runebear is a brutish beast with runic patterns on its chest. It towers over its enemies, and will often give chase any prey that tries to run.
For the boss variant, refer to Runebear.
Lesser Runebear Locations
Where to Find Lesser Runebears:
- East Limgrave. There's a massive Lesser Runebear scratching a very tall tree next to the pillar where the East Limgrave Map is located.
- A Lesser Runebear that drops Larval Tear is disguised as a lone sword-wielding Wandering Noble standing directly east of the Agheel Lake South Site of Grace in Limgrave. This one will not respawn.
- At the bottom of a cliff, fighting a horde of Wolves. Northwest of Church of Marika.
- Roaming and guarding Mistwood Ruins.
- Roaming below South Raya Lucaria Gate site of grace, can be reached by double jumping with Torrent to the lower part of the raised structure southwest of the grace or going southwest from Gate Town North site of grace in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Directly south of Gate Town Bridge site of grace in Liurnia of the Lakes, guarding Sliver of Meat x1
- Roaming on the pathway from Ruined Labyrinth site of grace to Black Knife Catacombs in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Southwest of Mausoleum Compound site of grace in Liurnia of the Lakes, sleeping next to Arteria Leaf x3
- 1 sleeping north of Ainsel River Well.
- 1 roaming south of Deep Siofra Well.
- Inside Dragonbarrow Cave in Dragonbarrow.
- West of the entrance to Perfumer's Grotto in Altus Plateau.
- East of Hermit's Shack in Mt Gelmir.
- Between Auriza Hero's Grave and Auriza Side Tomb in Capital Outskirts.
- 1 hanging out with 2 small bears directly southwest of Consecrated Snowfield site of grace in Consecrated Snowfield.
- A Lesser Runebear that drops Larval Tear is disguised as a Wandering Noble in Consecrated Snowfield. The disguised noble is half-buried in snow with two other nobles, one carrying a torch, standing around it. They are located southeast of the Inner Consecrated Snowfield site of grace, nearly on the straight-line path between the grace and the Consecrated Snowfield Catacombs.
- 1 sleeping far west of Ordina, Liturgical Town site of grace or southwest of Apostate Derelict in Consecrated Snowfield.
- 1 scratching a tree and 1 roaming near very tall white tree southwest of Ordina, Liturgical Town site of grace or north of Yelough Anix Ruins, near the waygate to Mohgwyn Palace in Consecrated Snowfield.
- In a small cave behind a waterfall northeast of Deeproot Depths site of grace in Deeproot Depths.
- In a small cave northeast of The Nameless Eternal City site of grace, near the Walking Mausoleum, in Deeproot Depths.
Lesser Runebear Drops
1196 - 9329
|Hefty Beast Bone||50.00%||N/A|
|Lump of Flesh||25.00%||N/A|
|Prince of Death's Cyst||100%||Dropped only by a specific Lesser Runebear [Map Link]|
|Larval Tear||100%||Always dropped by enemies that transform into Lesser Runebears
One disguised as a Wandering Noble can be found at [Map Link]
Another can be found here
Notes & Tips
- Lesser Runebears can be easily put to sleep with a critical hit to the head.
- Their hardest attack to dodge is their charge. It has little to no windup and can be used at the end of every combo.
- It's preferred to avoid these creatures due the large health pool besides the ones that drop rare Items.
- An easy way to kill them are:
1) Kite them with a bow/Spells,
2) For Melee Users is advisable to use phlanax ( can be received from Rogier after defeat Godrick) or high stance damage ash of war will works!
Lesser Runebear Image Gallery