Material needed by Rennala to grant rebirth
Larval Tears are Key Items in Elden Ring. A Larval Tear is a material needed by Rennala to grant rebirth. Key Items in Elden Ring include a wide variety of items found in specific locations or given by a related NPC, which are used to unlock areas, quests, and to further progress the game's story.
Core of a creature of mimicry known as a silver tear.
As much as a substance as it is a living organism.
Material required by the amber egg cradled by Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon, to birth people anew.
Being born anew allows the reallocation of attributes boosted by leveling up.
Where to find Larval Tear in Elden Ring
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as a lone sword-wielding Wandering Noble standing directly east of the Agheel Lake South site of grace. [Map link]
- Found in the graveyard at the Village of the Albinaurics. [Map link]
- Dropped by a Grafted Scion disguised as a Giant Crayfish patrolling around the gazebo between Rose Church and Boilprawn Shack. There are four Giant Crayfish in this area; three of them are sleeping, and one is patrolling. The disguised Grafted Scion is the one patrolling. Easily reached by:
- Going south from Fallen Ruins of the Lake site of grace, or
- Going northeast from Folly on the Lake site of grace, or
- Going northwest from Boilprawn Shack site of grace. [Map link]
- Found in the graveyard east of Caria Manor after obtaining the Resurrection Painting. This area can only be reached after defeating Royal Knight Loretta. The item is found by touching a ghost sitting on a chair at the graveyard. The ghost disappears as soon as you touch it and the Larval Tear will appear on the ground along with a Juvenile Scholar Cap and Juvenile Scholar Robe. [Map link]
- Purchased from Pidia, Carian Servant for 3,000 runes (one available). He can be reached after defeating Royal Knight Loretta, then jumping down the cliffs from the southeastern side of the Three Sisters sub-area onto a balcony.
- Dropped by a Troll disguised as a Wandering Noble in Caelid, by the stone coffins on the cliff south of the Caelid Highway South site of grace. The disguised Troll is the one kneeling at the western end. [Map Link]
- Dropped by a Lion Guardian disguised as an Wandering Noble cowering in a corner in the unnamed ruins southeast of Windmill Village. The ruins are on the clifftops, most easily reached by going north from the Rampartside Path site of grace. [Map link]
- Dropped by a Wormface disguised as a flaming Putrid Corpse, east of the Road of Iniquity site of grace. The enemy is next to the first fire of the ruined camp. [Map link]
- Dropped by a Lesser Runebear disguised as a Wandering Noble, in the Consecrated Snowfield. The disguised bear is half-buried in snow, with two nobles standing next to it. They are located southeast of the Inner Consecrated Snowfield site of grace.[Map link]
- Purchased from the Nomadic Merchant in Siofra River, for 3,000 Runes (one available). [Map link]
- Found on a corpse inside the stone building southeast of the Nokron, Eternal City site of grace. [Map link] [Video location]
- Found on a corpse in the middle of a gazebo in Nokron, Eternal City. When approaching the corpse, Silver Tears will fall down from the ceiling. [Map link] [Video location]
- Dropped by a Silver Sphere in Night's Sacred Ground. [Map link] [Video location]
- Two (2) dropped by Mimic Tear when defeated. [Map link] [Video location]
- Dropped by a Silver Sphere on the bridge in Nokstella, Eternal City. [Map link]
- Dropped by a Silver Sphere hanging from the ceiling in the northeast building after the bridge in Nokstella, Eternal City. You can deal damage to it at range, but don't land the killing blow while it's still on the ceiling, because the dropped item will be unreachable. [Elden Ring Map Here]
- Dropped by a Silver Sphere after the bridge and up the stairs, in the building immediately after reaching the top, in Nokstella, Eternal City. It is hanging from the ceiling, dripping Silver Tears. [Elden Ring Map Here]
Larval Tear Use
Larval Tear Notes & Tips
- You do not need to defeat Rennala for the enemies to change shape when you kill them in their disguise.
- By the time you fight Rennala, you should have enough runes to buy the Larval Tears from the previously mentioned merchants.
- You will keep all the Larval Tears in your inventory upon entering New Game Plus.
- Cannot be dropped for Player Trade.
- If the player gives Boc the Seamster a Larval Tear, he will visit Rennala, be reborn with a human visage, and die soon after. The player will not be able to use his services for the rest of the game.