Hidden treasure of the Eternal City of Nokron
Fingerslayer Blade is a Key Item in Elden Ring. The Fingerslayer Blade is required to progress Ranni's questline. Key Items in Elden Ring include a wide variety of items found in specific locations or are given by a related NPCs which are used to unlock areas, quests, and to further progress the game's story.
The hidden treasure of the Eternal City of Nokron; a blade said to have been born of a corpse.
This blood-drenched fetish is proof of the high treason committed by the Eternal City and symbolizes its downfall.
Cannot be wielded by those without a fate, but is said to be able to harm the Greater Will and its vassals.
Where to find Fingerslayer Blade in Elden Ring
- Found in a chest under the massive skeleton statue in Night's Sacred Ground. Elden Ring Map Link. Video Location
Elden Ring Fingerslayer Blade Use
Fingerslayer Blade is used to progress in Ranni's questline. This is the 'Hidden treasure of Nokron' she asks you to find. After giving this item to her, she gives you the Carian Inverted Statue as a reward.
Elden Ring Fingerslayer Blade Notes & Tips
- The chest cannot be opened unless you have talked to Ranni and entered her service.
- This item bears similarities to two weapons in Elden Ring:
- It's shape is similar to that of the Black Knife, being that of a curved dagger. The cross guard of the Fingerslayer Blade lines up with two of the three spikes of the Black Knife, but it is missing the Black Knife's additional spike. As the Black Knife Assassins are scions of the eternal cities, one of which this weapon is a treasure of, the assumption can be made the Black Knife daggers were fashioned after this blade. The Black Knives were also used by the Assassins to kill a member of the Golden Lineage, and thus a vassal of the Greater Will, so this design choice might have been intentional by the Assassins as either a symbolic gesture, or the Black Knife actually inherited its demigod-slaying power from this item at least in part, somehow.
- It shares its double helix blade with the Sacred Relic Sword, which, similarly to this item's description, was fashioned from a corpse. The description of the Sacred Relic Sword states it is considered to be an omen of the end of era and a beginning that might bring ruin or prosperity. Similarly, this item brought about the doom of the society inhabiting the eternal cities, as it caused the greater will to banish them underground, which made way for the Age of the Golden Order.