Giant Crab Location in Elden Ring
Where to Find Giant Crab:
- 1 by Limgrave Tunnels: Outside the entrance, behind a destroyed stone panel, guarding a Trina's Lily.
- 1 by Liurnia Highway North Site of Grace in Liurnia of The Lakes: South of the pond where the Tibia Mariner found.
- 2 in Wyndham Catacombs: In the sewer room behind the rusty bars. To get there, fall beneath the raising platform in the room with the spiked ceilings.
- 2 in Black Knife Catacombs: Rising up in front of and behind you as you they walk deeper into the sewer area.
- 2 by Siofra River Bank Site of Grace in Siofra River: West of the Site of Grace.
- 1 in Capital Outskirts: It has a breath attack that inflicts Death Blight. It also bears the face of Godwyn on its back.
Elden Ring Giant Crab Combat information
- 407 HP (Limgrave - South of Stranded Graveyard Exit)
- 457 HP (Weeping Peninsula - Castle Morne Approach South)
- 591 HP (Weeping Peninsula - Morne Moangrave)
- 808 HP (Siofra River, Black Knife Catacombs, Liurnia of the Lakes, Academy of Raya Lucaria, Moonlight Altar)
- 959 HP (Altus Plateau - Second Church of Marika)
- 1160 HP (Wyndham Catacombs, Capital Outskirts)
- 2454 HP (Consecrated Snowfield - Southeast of Ordina)
- Poise: 80
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
- Poison: 310 - 530 (Immune in some cases)
- Scarlet Rot: 310 - 530
- Hemorrhage: 310 - 367
- Frostbite: 169 - 200
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Giant Crab Drops and Drop Rates in Elden Ring
|Enemy Type||Buildup Type
|Can be found in any shallow body of water across the Lands Between.|
Inflicts Sleep buildup with its breath attack
|Can be found in Liurnia or in the Consecrated Snowfield.|
Inflicts Death Blight buildup with its breath attack
|Can be found in the higher woods on the cliff east of the Gate Town Bridge Site of Grace, or in the pond south of the Minor Erdtree in the Capital Outskirts.
- 318 (Limgrave - South of Stranded Graveyard Exit)
- 348 ~ 359 (Weeping Peninsula - Morne Moangrave)
- 1119 (Altus Plateau - Second Church of Marika)
- 1189 (Wyndham Catacombs)
- 529 (Siofra River)
- 10 (Limgrave - Church of Dragon Communion, Coastal Cave Exit)
- 11 ~ 12 (Weeping Peninsula - Isolated Merchant's Shack, Morne Moangrave)
- 39 (Minor Erdtree Catacombs)
- 24 ~ 76 (Siofra River)
- 23 ~ 496 (Black Knife Catacombs)
- 496 ~ 504 (Liurnia of the Lakes - Village of the Albinaurics, Liurnia Highway Far North; Moonlight Altar - Moonfolk Ruins; Caria Manor)
- 36 ~ 661 (Academy of Raya Lucaria)
- 395 ~ 4961 (Consecrated Snowfield - Southeast of Ordina)
- 1224 (Capital Outskirts - South of Minor Erdtree)
Elden Ring Giant Crab Notes & Tips
- This enemy has the same moveset from its appearance in Dark Souls 3. They can no longer burrow underground and are much easier to fight, especially on horseback.
- Their breath attack can have varying effects, from a mist that builds Sleep, to a breath that can build up Death Blight. Oddly enough, the maggot-infested zombie Giant Crab's spit attack does not have a Poison buildup, but just does physical damage, like the normal, living, red-eyed Giant Crab.
- The Death Blight inflicting Giant Crabs in the Capital Outskirts are found directly above Godwyn's Corpse in Deeproot Depths. It's possible that these Giant Crabs actually feed on Deathroot, as some land crabs in real life eat tree roots.
- The silver Crabs that cause sleep are possibly hinted to be man-made, judging by their Japanese name translating to “homunculus,” similar to the Albinaurics
It could explain their recurring appearance in Raya Lucaria and the Consecrated Snowfield, due to the presence of Albinaurics, and could possibly explain how they could cause Sleep.
Elden Ring Giant Crab Image Gallery