Mad Tongue Alberich is an Invader in Elden Ring.
He was one of the first Tarnished to stay at the Roundtable Hold, and is said to be a heretical sorcerer. He uses the Scythe and the Staff of the Guilty.
Alberich was an aloof yet disturbed heretical sorcerer said to have been driven mad by jeering tongues during his service to the Roundtable Hold long ago.
Mad Tongue Alberich Location
Where to Find Mad Tongue Alberich:
- Jump down the balcony in the Roundtable Hold
- He will spawn as you run forwards towards the door. He will perform the Reverential Bow gesture once he spawns, and you will receive the gesture.
Mad Tongue Alberich Combat Information
- Health: 2,624 HP
- Poise: 100
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Mad Tongue Alberich Attacks
Mad Tongue Alberich has various attacks. Most of his magical attacks inflict frost damage, and all of his attacks deal Frost buildup, leading to Frostbite
- Glintstone Icecrag: Alberich shoots ice projectiles towards you one at a time. The total number he’ll send out will vary, but you are avoidable by strafing or dodging.
- Freezing Mist: Alberich will spawn a cloud that will deal Frost buildup. Usually spawns two clouds at once. These clouds disappear after a few seconds.
- Briars of Sin: Alberich will summon a ring of thorns around him that will hurt you if you’re caught in the AOE. This attack is easily telegraphed, as he’ll raise his staff up for a second before summoning the thorns, and the AOE is relatively small.
- He will perform the Sword Dance skill with his scythe, causing Hemorrhage.
- Various other parts of the Scythe moveset.
Mad Tongue Alberich Notes & Tips
FAQ: How do you kill the guy in the Roundtable Hold Elden ring?
- Players have asked how to kill the guy encountered at the Roundtable Hold. Players are likely referring to Mad Tongue Alberich since he is one of the first hostile encounters in the area. Mad Tongue Alberich is an invaders so this fight is triggered once you enter his designated location in the Roundtable Hold which will be down the balcony between the two corridors when you initially are taken to this area. It is possible to miss him if you decide not to explore the Roundtable Hold. He will spawn as you run forwards towards the door. Be aware of his Bleed and Frost effects from his scythe and take note of his known attacks listed above. He has a combination of melee and magic attacks.
- His scythe has a long reach, so begin your encounter by putting some distance between your character and Alberich. He has a few combinations of melee swings, but these will deal a lot of damage upon impact so don't take these lightly. Wait for his melee combo to end before quickly advancing with an attack. As soon as he starts to react or retalliate, back up again and wait for his next action. During this encounter, he has the ability to heal just once throughout. When at a distance, watch for his Frost spells to avoid the potential Frostbite. At a distance, he will then also be forced to advanced and then follow up with an attack. You can also take the opportunity here to begin your set of attack actions. Continue to bait his attacks and following up with your own attack until you deplete his HP.
Mad Tongue Alberich Other Notes
- One of the more difficult invaders because of the Bleed and Frost effects of the scythe.
- Can be backstabbed during his bow gesture after he spawns.
- Can heal, but only once.
- When he spawns, he will bow at you – waiting for him to finish before attacking will grant you the Reverential Bow gesture.
- A Flail with the Spinning Chain skill or a weapon with Wild Strikes is particularly effective – it is possible to spawn kill him without taking any damage like this.
- He is very susceptible to poison. Ash of War: Poisonous Mist will poison him extremely quickly, if not instantly, and will execute faster than many of his attacks.
Mad Tongue Alberich Image Gallery