Magma Wyrm Makar is a Great Enemy Boss in Elden Ring. Makar was once human, but was transformed into a lesser dragon for the sin of Dragon Communion and now guards the Ruin-Strewn Precipice in Liurnia of the Lakes. This is an optional boss as players don't have to defeat it to advance in Elden Ring.
It's said these land-bound dragons were once humans heroes who partook in dragon communion, a grave transgression for which they were cursed to crawl the earth upon their bellies, shadows of their former selves.
Elden Ring Magma Wyrm Makar Boss
- This is an optional boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Ruin-Strewn Precipice Overlook
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
- NPC Summons:
Elden Ring Magma Wyrm Makar Location
Magma Wyrm Makar Combat information
- Health: 7,141 HP
- Defense: 109
- Stance: 120
- Parryable: No
- Is vulnerable to a critical hit after being stance broken
- Dragon type
- Weak spot: Head
- Damage: Slash, Strike, Fire
- Drops 24,000, Magma Wyrm's Scalesword, Dragon Heart
- See Magma Wyrm for a full boss guide
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
|Poison||534 / 824 / 1281||272 / 562 / 1019||276 / 566 / 1023||280 / 570 / 1027||284 / 574 / 1031||288 / 578 / 1035||292 / 582 / 1039||296 / 586 / 1043|
|Scarlet Rot||534 / 824 / 1281||272 / 562 / 1019||276 / 566 / 1023||280 / 570 / 1027||284 / 574 / 1031||288 / 578 / 1035||292 / 582 / 1039||296 / 586 / 1043|
|Hemorrhage||534 / 824 / 1281||272 / 562 / 1019||276 / 566 / 1023||280 / 570 / 1027||284 / 574 / 1031||288 / 578 / 1035||292 / 582 / 1039||296 / 586 / 1043|
|Frostbite||1150 / 1607||586 / 1043||594 / 1051||603 / 1060||612 / 1069||621 / 1078||629 / 1086||638 / 1095|
|Sleep||237 / 279 / 377 / 667||121 / 163 / 261 / 551||122 / 164 / 262 / 552||124 / 166 / 264 / 554||126 / 168 / 266 / 556||128 / 170 / 268 / 558||130 / 172 / 270 / 560||131 / 173 / 271 / 561|
Additional Boss Video Guide
Additional Fight Strategy
Use the large center pillar as a barrier. Lead Makar to it, then head to the opposite side. As long as you stay close to the pillar, it'll continue to execute its attacks or perhaps get stuck in a walking animation while the pillar will act as a shield. Then you can freely used ranged attacks to get in damage.
Magma Wyrm Makar Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Makar is one of the five named dragons who do not have specified genders (the other four are Borealis the Freezing Fog, Flying Dragon Greyll, Glintstone Dragon Adula, and Flying Dragon Agheel)
- Makar is one of only two dragons in the game who drops a weapon upon defeat (the other is the Magma Wyrm found in Gael Tunnel)
- Known as Magma Wyrm Makal in 1.00 version of the game.
Magma Wyrm Makar Image Gallery
[screenshots and artwork go here]