Necromancer Garris is a Boss in Elden Ring. Necromancer Garris is found in Sage's Cave as one of two different bosses that can be fought within. This is an optional boss as players don't need to defeat it to advance in Elden Ring.
Necromancer Garris is a humanoid enemy armed with a flail and a staff, wearing the Sage Set, who uses death Sorceries, and who has a skeletal serpent snail at the start of battle, and can summon more throughout.
Elden Ring Necromancer Garris Boss
Necromancer Garris is a Field Boss found in Sage's Cave
- This is an optional boss
- A humanoid field boss who summons skeletal serpent snails.
- Closest Site of Grace: Sage's Cave Site of Grace
- Multiplayer is NOT allowed for this boss. (Possibly changed with 1.03)
- You can summon spirits for this boss.
Elden Ring Necromancer Garris Location
Altus Plateau: Necromancer Garris can be found in the Sage's Cave, through a hidden fog gate behind an illusory wall, along with two treasure chests, shortly before the location of the Black Knife Assassin fog gate further along the ledge. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Necromancer Garris Combat Information
- Health: NG (3202), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Deals Strike Damage and Magic Damage.
- Parriable: No
- Can be poise broken? Yes
- Phy (Sta): 10 / 106
- Phy (Sla): 9 / 106
- Phy (Str): 9 / 106
- Phy (Thr): 6 / 106
- Magic: 20 / 137
- Fire: 19 / 122
- Lightning: -1 / 100
- Holy: 20 / 123
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
- Poison: 174
- Scarlet Rot: 174
- Hemorrhage: 148
- Frostbite: 148
- Madness: 229
- Sleep: 229
- Death Blight: Immune
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Necromancer Garris Boss Guide
Necromancer Garris Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Necromancer Garris Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Necromancer Garris:
- Use strike weapons to quickly dispatch the skeletal snails, which can roll at you at fairly high speed and make the fight more difficult.
- The trickiest part about this encounter are the Skull Snail Summons that also have the ability to cast death magic (summon the homing skulls)
This fight is reasonably straightforward for melee users, who will be able to take down Garris' small health pool quickly. Focusing on slash weapons will help speed the encounter as Garris can bleed. The fight has only two major dangers. First, Garris is able to do damage very quickly with his flail, which also causes bleed buildup. Staggering mid-combo will help avoid this, but his AI acts like an NPC invader so expect Garris to roll to avoid being stunlocked and counterattack. If the player has their poise broken, Garris will move in for a counterattack and can deal significant damage this way. Second, the Skeletal Snails spawn in regularly throughout the match, apparently dropping from the ceiling, without input from Garris. These serpents will also attack with death magic, and while not individually dangerous the spam they add to the room can break a players rhythm and create an opening for Garris. Typically it is best to finish the fight quickly to avoid spam buildup.
Magic and Ranged Users
Be aware of the arena since it is an enclose space, you may need to reposition to keep clear of getting stuck if focused on ranged weapons especially with a lot of things going on in the arena for this encounter. During this fight, remember to focus on clearing the Skeletal Snails that are summon because like Garris they can cast the death magic homing skulls which act as his main ranged attack. Other than that, his moveset isn't so quick so you just have to keep the arena from being surrounded. If having a difficult tie with this, use a tanky summon to take the load off of other things in the arena. If possible use quicker casting spells to potentially interrupt his home skull spell cast.
Necromancer Garris Attacks & Counters
|Flail Melee||He deals a series of regular melee attacks that don't have a large range and can be followed with a dodge roll away.||These actions can be interrupted and blocked. It is recommended that you stay close to follow up with a series of your own attack.|
|Homing Skulls (Death Magic)||Has the ability to cast a hoard of skulls that have a slow homing feature||If you can back away from these and avoid them long enough, they eventually disappear. This action also has the opportunity to be interrupted and cancelled.|
|Skeletal Snail Summon||These creature summons can roll around and even roll lunge towards you, and can cast their own homing skulls as well a do a small melee lunge.||They are easy to clear or keep a distance from, but don't put off clearing them because Garris can summon more and each of them can cast a homing skull.|
Necromancer Garris Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Voice Actor: ??
- According to the description of the Rancorcall spell, Garris was the person who unearthed and rediscovered the spell.
- The three copper heads of his flail were made to resemble his wife and two children.
- He wields the Prince of Death's Staff, a staff embedded with sullied amber, which was said to be a part of Godwyn, the Prince of Death. The staff was deemed heretical by the academy for being able to be augmented through faith in addition to intelligence. He also wears the Sage Set, an outfit worn by wise sages that were deemed heretical and driven from towns.
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
Necromancer Garris Image Gallery
[screenshots and artwork go here]