One of the sorceries of the Carian royal family.
Conjures a magic greatsword and then delivers a sweeping blow.
This sorcery can be cast repeatedly.
Armed with this spell, sorcerers gain the strength of knights, their loyalty sworn to the moon.
Where to find Carian Greatsword
Where to find Carian Greatsword:
Elden Ring Carian Greatsword Guide
- Carian Sorcery
- Can be boosted by the Carian Glintstone Staff
- Stamina Cost: 22
- Inflicts (Sorcery Scaling x 256) magic damage [this figure was prior to buff in 1.07, needs updating].
- Although niche, has a very useful purpose against Black Knife Assassin type enemies. Their side leaps are unable to evade the Greatsword's arc and staggers them on hit. With proper timing and enough FP/Stamina for chain casting, it's possible for a mage to stun-lock assassins.
- Counts as 2 hits towards "Succesive Attack" Talismans. (i.e. Winged Sword Insignia, Godskin Swaddling Cloth, and Millicent's Prosthesis.)
- Cancels out of ending animation faster if chain casting another spell afterwards. Chain casting into another spell cancels the animation faster than rolling out, jumping, back stepping, and attacking. Does not make casting time faster for other spells unless it is a "swift" spell (i.e. Carian Slicer, Swift glintstone shard, and Night shard.)
- Can be used in conjunction with Carian Piercer to expand the moveset, by performing a thrust after the horizontal slash.
- On successive casts, it looks like swings 3 into 4 (and any more afterwards) swing faster than swings 1 into 2
- Note: In Patch 1.07, FP cost was reduced from 14 to 12 and damage was increased slightly, as well as stamina damage against guarding enemies.
Elden Ring Carian Greatsword Moveset and Videos
Elden Ring Carian Greatsword Note and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.