The practice had died out by the age of King Consort Radagon, but remains of the arenas where ritual combat took place can still be found in every land.
Colosseums are special Locations in Elden Ring. They are large arenas placed around the Lands Between but were inaccessible until the Colosseum Update of December 7th 2022. Everyone who downloads the Free DLC can now access the Colosseums and engage in Arena Style pvp matches for up to 6 players.
According to the Ritual Sword Talisman, the Colosseums were once arenas where ritualistic battles took place. Combats were held to honor the Erdtree but these rituals are no longer practiced.
There are a total of 3 Colosseums in Elden Ring.
- Limgrave: Large structure found in the north. Follow the path north of Warmaster's Shack. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Caelid: The most northern part of main Caelid. Can be reached by using the Deep Siofra Well. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Leyndell, Royal Capital: The Colosseum in Leyndell can be seen immediately when you enter the city from East Capital Rampart. [Elden Ring Map Link]
List of Colosseums
Up to 6 players can:
- Duel Mode: Two Tarnished face off in a duel to the death, and without the ability to respawn. (Leyndell Colosseum, Caelid Colosseum)
- United Combat: combatants will be divided into two teams to fight in timed battles with the ability to respawn. Each death and respawn grants points to the adversaries, offering victory to the team with the higher score. (Limgrave Colosseum, Caelid Colosseum)
- Combat Ordeal: it’s every Tarnished for themselves. Combatants in this mode can also respawn until the timer hits zero, and the one with the most points will prevail as victor. (Limgrave Colosseum, Caelid Colosseum)