Staff fashioned from pure crystal; a deed impossible for a human. Enhances Crystalian sorceris.
The Crystalian's faint cognition is know as the "wisdom of stone." This staff can only be weilded by those of intellect high enough to grasp such wisdom.
Where to Find Crystal Staff in Elden Ring
The Crystal Staff weapon can be found at the following location:
- Crystal Staff can be found in academy crystal cave. It's in a room guarded by a sorcerer behind an illusory wall, located right before the boss gate. The path to the chest containing the staff is through an illusory rock wall on the left side of the tunnel, just before the stone archway. Screenshot here. [Elden Ring Map here]
Elden Ring Crystal Staff Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: None
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Crystal Staff can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Crystallian sorceries include Crystal Release, Crystal Torrent, and Shattering Crystal.
- Despite their name and appearance, Crystal Barrage and Crystal Burst are NOT Crystallian spells.
- An alternate version of this staff, the Rotten Crystal Staff, exists with seemingly no differences besides appearance and the ability to inflict Scarlet Rot with melee.
- Sell Value: 100.
- With 70 Intelligence, a Crystal Staff +4 has 235 scaling and a Carian Regal Scepter +4 has 238 scaling. That's so close that there's effectively no difference (the scepter does just over 1% more damage). At +10 and 80 Intelligence, it's 373 vs 367 which is less than 2% more. The Crystal Staff is completely free and is very easy to get - you don't even need to kill any boss. The scepter requires killing Rennala and consuming her remembrance which is worth 20k runes. Also the Crystal Staff only requires 48 intelligence instead of 60, and it's arguably more unique looking. The Crystal Staff does weigh 1.5 units more though.
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Crystal Staff
Crystal Staff Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
Sorcery Scaling is based on Int stat. The Int of the the character with the staff equipped at the time of posting the Sor Scaling is located in the (Int) to the right of the scaling amount. This will help to give a general idea of what staves are better at various Int levels until MAX is achieved.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Crystal Staff||Phy||Sor Scaling*||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Sta||Str||Dex||Int||Fai||Arc||Any||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Bst||Rst|
|Standard||31||148 - 189||-||-||-||-||23||D||-||B||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +1||35||157 - 207||-||-||-||-||25||D||-||B||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +2||39||167 - 225||-||-||-||-||27||D||-||B||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +3||44||177 - 242||-||-||-||-||29||D||-||A||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +4||48||186 - 260||-||-||-||-||32||D||-||A||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +5||53||196 - 278||-||-||-||-||34||D||-||S||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +6||57||206 - 296||-||-||-||-||36||D||-||S||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +7||62||215 - 314||-||-||-||-||39||C||-||S||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +8||66||225 - 332||-||-||-||-||41||C||-||S||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +9||71||234 - 352||-||-||-||-||43||C||-||S||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|
|Standard +10||75||244 - 367||-||-||-||-||46||C||-||S||-||-||Boosts Crystalian Sorc.||28||17||17||17||17||17||11|