Glintstone Staff is a basic Glintstone Staff in Elden Ring. The Glintstone Staff scales primarily with Strength and Dexterity and is a good Weapon for Striking enemies within range and with the glintstone, is especially used to cast Sorceries.
Staff with a glintstone embedded at the tip. A catalyst for casting sorceries.
Sorceries must be memorized first at a site of lost grace, and a staff must be equipped to cast them.
Where to Find Glintstone Staff in Elden Ring
The Glintstone Staff weapon can be found at the following location:
- Starting Equipment for the Prisoner Class
- Has a chance to be dropped by Noble Sorcerers at Caria Manor.
- Drops from a lone Noble Sorcerer, south of the Waypoint Ruins (and west of a small collection of graves). Behind the large broken tower ruin where the Troll-pulled Carriage's caravan starts it's journey. (map co-ordinates are: -194.50781 : 113.69531 )
- Early game, you can farm for this on the noble sorcerers Northeast of the Agheel Lake South grace in southern Limgrave. From where you enter Limgrave, head Southeast and look for some stones you can use as steps to drop down without dying, they'll be close to the border of the lake. Cut around the bottom of the lake, avoiding the patrolling mercenary, and then cut Southeast across the field toward the road. You should see a the Agheel Lake South grace point on a little shelf below the road. From the grace, there are at least 4 noble sorcerers nearby, but 2 are easy to reach. Wait for the mercenary patrolling the road to ride by, then head across the road and left until you're climbing the slope. One sorcerer & retinue will be coming down this slope from the camp above. After killing them, turn around, and there is another sorcerer & retinue traveling down the road. You may want to wait for the mercenary to pass again, because he takes actual effort to fight (whereas the sorcerers have bad eyesight and go down quickly). Once you've killed and looted both groups, head back to the grace to rest, because it's a rare enough drop that it'll probably take you many resets to get.
Elden Ring Glintstone Staff Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: No Skill
- This weapon can't be enchanted with Magic nor infused with Ashes of War.
- Glintstone Staff can be upgraded by using Smithing Stones
- Sell Value: 100
- Base drop rate is 2.04% (at 100 Discovery)
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.09, the scaling values of this weapon were changed. Please refer to the Upgrades Table of this weapon below.
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Glintstone Staff
- Videos for the Glintstone Staff Coming Soon
Glintstone Staff Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone , and Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
Sorcery Scaling is based on Int stat. The Int of the the character with the staff equipped at the time of posting the Sor Scaling is located in the (Int) to the right of the scaling amount. This will help to give a general idea of what staves are better at various Int levels until MAX is achieved.
This upgrade can't be enchanted with Magic or boosted with Consumables. The Sorcery Scaling displayed on this table shows Minimum Requirement and Intelligence 80 as xx-yy.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Glintstone Staff||Phy||Sor Scaling*||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Sta||Str||Dex||Int||Fai||Arc||Any||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Bst||Rst|
|Standard||25||109 - 176||-||-||-||-||20||E||-||C||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +1||25||109 - 182||-||-||-||-||20||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +2||26||110 - 188||-||-||-||-||21||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +3||27||111 -194||-||-||-||-||22||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +4||28||111 - 200||-||-||-||-||23||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +5||28||112 - 207||-||-||-||-||24||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +6||29||113 - 213||-||-||-||-||24||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +7||30||114 - 219||-||-||-||-||25||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +8||31||114 - 225||-||-||-||-||26||E||-||B||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +9||31||115 - 231||-||-||-||-||27||E||-||A||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +10||32||116 - 237||-||-||-||-||28||E||-||A||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +11||33||116 - 243||-||-||-||-||28||E||-||A||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +12||34||117 - 249||-||-||-||-||29||E||-||A||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +13||34||118 - 256||-||-||-||-||30||E||-||A||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +14||35||119 - 262||-||-||-||-||31||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +15||36||119 - 268||-||-||-||-||32||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +16||37||120 - 274||-||-||-||-||32||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +17||37||121 - 280||-||-||-||-||33||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +18||38||121 - 286||-||-||-||-||34||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +19||39||122 - 292||-||-||-||-||35||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +20||40||123 - 298||-||-||-||-||36||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +21||40||124 - 305||-||-||-||-||36||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +22||41||124 - 311||-||-||-||-||37||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +23||42||125 - 317||-||-||-||-||38||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +24||43||126 - 323||-||-||-||-||39||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
|Standard +25||43||127 - 329||-||-||-||-||40||D||-||S||-||-||-||25||15||15||15||15||15||10|
the tutorial staff
I once got the staff when I first killed the noble sorcerer near the waypoint ruines, but sold it as I did not know for what it is usable... after learning some sorceries, i had to kill the one noble sorcerer near the warmasters shack exactly 420 times (coincidence? I think not) for getting the staff again... It took me some more than 2 hours (20 seconds each turn) and I got 7980 runes for it (19 per kill)...
The fact that someone inserted that huge wall a of text word salad despite there already being a guaranteed drop listed on the page, is proof that whoever is putting random comments into the articles isn't reading them at all.
There's a Noble Sorcerer pacing back and forth just south of the Waypoint Ruins (Western Limgrave. He's alone and wandering in a little overhang of the large broken off tower ruin (-194.50781 : 113.69531)). I've tried it with 6 different starter characters now, and he drops it everytime.
Does this increase the damage of the glintstone pebble ash of war?
Is there any reason to use this? You can get the meteorite staff almost just as early if you know where it is and the scaling is just a lot better early game. In late game any other staff is just better, so why bother farming this?
The glintstone staff drops from all noble sorcerers in general. Also, a good enough location is in kingsrealm ruins where sorcerers of this kind are abundant.
Just spent 2 hours on the Noble SW of Masters Shack! Confirmed! It will take a while but the easiest.
There's a teleporting sorcerer at Kingsrealm Ruins that dropped this staff for me right away.
The sorcery scaling depends on your int stat, if you have a different int stat you will see a different value. You can stop commenting about it now.
There’s about 4 Staff wielding Nobles in southern Limgrave near the ruins by the Bloodhound sword guys Gaol. One of them dropped it for me after a few respawns.
There's a guy hanging out just SW of the war master's shack. He's camping along the cliff near some trees. You can bop him, leg it back to the Grace site and bop him again in like 10 seconds. Can't imagine there's an easier farm for a staff at this stage of the game.
Early game, you can farm for this on the noble sorcerers Northeast of the Agheel Lake South grace in southern Limgrave. From where you enter Limgrave, head Southeast and look for some stones you can use as steps to drop down without dying, they'll be close to the border of the lake. Cut around the bottom of the lake, avoiding the patrolling mercenary, and then cut Southeast across the field toward the road. You should see a the Agheel Lake South grace point on a little shelf below the road.
From the grace, there are at least 4 noble sorcerers nearby, but 2 are easy to reach. Wait for the mercenary patrolling the road to ride by, then head across the road and left until you're climbing the slope. One sorcerer & retinue will be coming down this slope from the camp above. After killing them, turn around, and there is another sorcerer & retinue traveling down the road. You may want to wait for the mercenary to pass again, because he takes actual effort to fight (whereas the sorcerers have bad eyesight and go down quickly). Once you've killed and looted both groups, head back to the grace to rest, because it's a rare enough drop that it'll probably take you many resets to get.
Is there another way to get this besides drop rate rng?
This article has an error
This staff has 122 Sorc Scaling, NOT 163
Enemy at the caravan with the giants dragging it.. Old enemy with a staff behind the caravan drops it../DonFugazi
Anyone found this in the early game?