Smithing Stone 
Reinforce armaments up to +3
Smithing Stone  is an Upgrade Material in Elden Ring used for reinforcing equipment to +1, +2, and +3. Reinforced equipment boasts better stats. Upgrade Materials can be acquired through exploration, looting it from specified areas of a Location, dropped by a specific Enemy or Boss, given by an NPC, or sold by a Merchant.
Stone used to smith a variety of armaments. A shard found in plenty.
Strengthens armaments up to +3.
Smithing stone is found throughout the Lands Between, and mining galleries built to excavate it can be found everywhere.
Where to find Smithing Stone  in Elden Ring: All Locations Guide
Smithing Stones  are exceptionally common, as they are found throughout the Lands Between.
- Purchase: 3x can be bought from Nomadic Merchant West Limgrave for 200 Runes.
- Purchase: 3x can be bought from Nomadic Merchant East Limgrave for 200 Runes.
- Purchase: 3x can be bought from Nomadic Merchant North Limgrave for 200 Runes.
- 9x found in Limgrave Tunnels (mostly as yellow glowing stones on wall) Map Link
- 5x can be obtained by breaking open the cracked, glowing statue in a field with Trolls south of Warmaster's Shack, along with a Smithing Stone .The statue contains the stones in its core. Bait the trolls into swinging and breaking the statue in order to grab the Stones. [Map Link]
- 3x on a corpse laying in a circle with other bodies and chairs southeast of Stormhill Shack. [Map Link]
- 3x can be found within Highroad Cave. Map Link
- 2x found on a corpse lying on the ground at the Saintsbridge [Map Link]
- 1x on the anvil beside Merchant Kale in the Church of Elleh. Map Link.
- 1x on a corpse hanging off the edge of the Agheel Swamp bridge.
- 1x among the flooded gravestones on the northern side of Summonwater Village. Map Link.
- Found atop the walls of Fort Haight. Pillage the remains to obtain the Smithing Stone. [Map Link]
- Mistwood: Found by looting a corpse on the battlements of Fort Haight. [Map Link]
- 3 found in Limgrave, on top of a corpse that lies on the ground. Found together with 3 other dead bodies and a rounded group of chairs. [Map Link]
- 3 found in Limgrave, inside an open grave, along with one Smithing Stone (2) and one Smithing Stone (3). Map Link.
- 5x can be found by kiting the troll outside of Secluded Cell to the glowing statue outside of Liftside Chamber. Make sure to kill all of the enemies in between.
- 4x can be found on a corpse in the same room where Nepheli Loux is. Map Link.
- 3x held by a corpse at the heavily guarded courtyard occupied by Castle Guards using flamethrowers and Crossbows. The nearest checkpoint is the Liftside Chamber Site of Grace. The corpse is sitting facing towards a great height.
- 1x held by a corpse sitting against a grave, surrounded by Spirit Jellyfishes and Skeletons. Map Link.
- Purchase: 3x can be bought from Nomadic Merchant Castle Morne Rampart for 200 Runes.
- Found on a corpse in the eastern edge of the Bridge of Sacrifice, near the middle section. [Map Link]
- You can find 9 stones in Morne Tunnel. [Map Link]
- Found on a corpse in Castle Morne, at the back of the main courtyard and to the left. [Map Link] Video Location
Liurnia of the Lakes
- Purchase: 5x can be bought from Nomadic Merchant Liurnia of the Lakes for 200 Runes
- 3x found in Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel [Map Link]
- Found on a corpse sitting by a standing pillar in the Uhl Palace Ruins. [Map Link]
- Found on the corpse hanging on the cliff's edge in a cavern in Ainsel River. [Map Link]
- Miner in Limgrave Tunnels (8%)
- Godrick Soldiers (2%)
- Fanged Imp in Limgrave area catacombs (2%)
- Golem (2%)
Smithing Stone  Elden Ring Guide
- Used in smithing to strengthen armaments.
- At a smithing table, you can spend Runes and Smithing Stones to strengthen your armaments.
- Somewhere in the Lands Between, you may meet a blacksmith who can make your armaments even stronger.
Elden Ring Smithing Stone  Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 999 Smithing Stone Shard.
- You can store up to 999 Smithing Stone Shard.
- Sell Value: 100