Smithing Stone 
Reinforce armaments up to +9
Smithing Stone  is an Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Smithing Stone  is a material used for upgrading equipment to a higher level with better stats. Upgrade Materials can be acquired through exploration, looting it from specified areas of a Location, dropped by a specific Enemy or Boss, given by an NPC, or sold by a Merchant.
Stone used to smith a variety of armaments. A particularly hard specimen.
Strengthens armaments up to +9.
Smithing stone is found throughout the Lands Between, and mining galleries built to excavate it can be found everywhere.
Smithing Stone  Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Smithing Stone :
In the World
Liurnia of the Lakes
- 8 total can be found throughout Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel. Look for the yellow colored stones on the walls.
- 3 in a gazebo with a statue, southeast of the Academy Gate Town grace. Beware of Giant Crayfish hiding in the water to the south. The gazebo can be seen on the map. [Map Link]
- 3 on a corpse sitting on a chair surrounded by flower enemies, in the woods southwest of Eastern Liurnia Lake Shore grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- 3 in a gazebo with a statue, in the woods west of Eastern Liurnia Lake Shore grace. The gazebo can be seen on the map.
- 3 in a gazebo with a statue just north of the Crystalline Woods grace (note: this gazebo doesn't show on the map).
- 3 in the caves that go through Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- One held by a corpse in the second area of the caves.
- A second one also held by a corpse, on the roof with the Giant Land Octopus.
- Third stone is under a tent on your right when coming across the second harpy.
- One on a corpse sitting outside the gazebo in the center of the Laskyar Ruins. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- One on a corpse in the road up from Academy Gate Town, near a Flame Chariot and several Raya Lucaria Soldiers. [Elden Ring Map Location]
- One in the cliffside graveyard near Caria Manor. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- One at a gravesite where you fight Tibia Mariner in Liurnia of the Lakes. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- One on a corpse in the rooftops section of Raya Lucaria Academy. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- 3 found on a corpse behind the large stone building housing the map piece for Ainsel River. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- 2 found on a corpse lying on the edge of one of the standing column structures in Ainsel River. Can be accessed by climbing up the tipped over pillar next to it. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Found on a corpse in a dead end of the Ainsel River caves. [Elden Ring Map Link] Video Location
- Found on a corpse in a mountain of bodies in Ainsel River, guarded by giant ants. [Elden Ring Map Link] Video Location
- Found on a corpse at the base of a ramp going up in Ainsel River. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Video Location
- Video Location
- Stormveil Castle. One on a corpse around the southwestern cliffs. Watch out for the Bladed Talon Eagles in the area. Another one can be found halfway through the secret path next to the Secluded Cell site of grace, on the right above where the Teardrop Scarab was located. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Redmane Castle: A total of 2 can be found inside the castle:
- Siofra River: One on a corpse sitting at the top of a stone ruin. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Siofra River: 2 can be found on the second floor of the house next to the wooden scaffolding used to reach the Abandonned Merchant. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Nokron: One on a corpse on a ledge overlooking the water. Elden Ring Map Link]
- Night's Sacred Ground: One in a room locked behind an imp statue. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Video Location, Nokron Eternal City
- Video Location, Nokron Eternal City
- Bellum Church site of grace: Ride down the ramp in the church and past the Nomadic Merchant.
Two miners at a campsite further down drop Smithing Stone (2) and (3).
(With weapons that deal Strike Damage this appears to be the fastest farming spot currently discovered).
- South Raya Lucaria Gate site of grace [Map Link]: Head down the bridge, the Raya Lucaria Soldiers here drop Smithing Stone (2) and (3).
Easiest to farm with the two soldiers immediately left or right before the barricades and the around the corners, since they are alone and can be killed quickly from horseback. (After riding to the other side and killing the second soldier teleporting back to the grace is fastest).
- Impassable Greatbridge site of grace: Trigger the fight between Radahn Soliders and Giant Dogs.
Low level players can wait on one of the hills for the fight to end, otherwise it is advisable to pick of Radahn knights while they are distracted.
With sufficient AoE damage via Skills or Spells this can be the most efficient farming spot.
(If farming passively, picking up Smithing Stones and pieces of the Radahn knight and soldier sets from horseback while summons distract the survivors is the safest method).
- Gael tunnel: This location Traps the player until the site of grace at the end has been reached! (Boss is optional).
The Radahn Soldiers drop Smithing Stone (2), Smithing Stone (3), and Smithing Stone (4). The Miners drop Smithing Stone (4).
Smithing Stone  Elden Ring Guide
- Used in smithing to strengthen armaments. Specifically, to +7 through +9.
- At a smithing table, you can spend Runes and Smithing Stones to strengthen your armaments.
- 12 stones are required to progress a weapon through tier 3: 2 for +7, 4 for +8, and 6 for +9.
Elden Ring Smithing Stone  Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 999 Smithing Stone .
- You can store up to 999 Smithing Stone .
- Sell Value: 300