Somber Smithing Stone 
Reinforce special armaments to +4
Somber Smithing Stone  is an Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Somber Smithing Stone  is a special armement reinforcement item used to increase the level and stats of special equipment. Upgrade Materials can be acquired through exploration, looting it from specified areas of a Location, dropped by a specific Enemy or Boss, given by an NPC, or sold by a Merchant.
Large hard smithing stone drained of color.
Strengthens special armaments to +4.
Special armaments with unique characteristics cannot be strengthened with colored smithing stones. Number of steps and amount strengthened differ from standard equipment.
Somber Smithing Stone  Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Somber Smithing Stone :
In the World
- 3 found inside the Sellia Crystal Tunnels. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- In the main chamber, head up the slope until you are able to jump on the roof of the central storage shed. Jump onto the wooden platform in the east and hop over the barricade blocking the tunnel. Go through the tunnel until you end up in a room with a ladder and wooden walkways above. The stone is found on a body on one of the walkways.
- Continue to the cavern in the north and climb up the ladder on the side of the shed in front of you. Check the cavity in the wall to the right of the entrance to the next tunnel for the second stone.
- Continue into the tunnel and check the hollow on the left in the next cavern to find the final stone.
- One from a scarab hanging off a massive tree branch just south of the Forsaken Ruins in Caelid.
- One on a corpse in the Swamp of Aeonia. From the Sellia Under Stair grace go south along the shoreline, the stone is on a corpse just past a mass of trees near a swarm of Giant Dragonflys.
- Found on a corpse behind a stone building in Nokron, Eternal City. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- One on a corpse in a small room with some small crabs in the rooftops section of Raya Lucaria Academy. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Old Altus Tunnel: Found at the bottom of the main chamber, on a corpse inside the northern storage shed. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- One on a corpse near the Road of Iniquity site of grace in Mt. Gelmir. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Looted from a corpse in Sellia Hideaway, in the middle of a small tunnel leading to the top [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Can be found within the caves that go through Ruin-Strewn Precipice. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- One can be found inside Gael Tunnel, in the back of the water-logged cavern with a Giant Land Octopus hanging from the ceiling. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Found on a corpse sitting on a chair near the northern ravine's entrance in Liurnia of the Lakes. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Found past the Minor Erdtree at the northwest of Caelid. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Video Location, Nokron Eternal City
- Smithing Master Iji at Liurnia of the Lakes for 6000 Runes. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold for 6000 Runes. After giving her the Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing (2) or Iji's Bell Bearing
Somber Smithing Stone  Elden Ring Guide
- Used in smithing to strengthen special armaments. Specifically up to +4.
Elden Ring Somber Smithing Stone  Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 999 Somber Smithing Stone .
- You can store up to 999 Somber Smithing Stone .
- Sell Value: 800
- Other note and tips go here.