Coats armament, inflicting scarlet rot
Rot Grease is a Consumable Item in Elden Ring. Rot Grease coats an armament, inflicting scarlet rot.
Solidified grease made from a mixture of rotten materials. Craftable item.
Coats armament, inflicting scarlet rot.
The effect lasts only for a short time.
Rot Grease use in Elden Ring
Rot Grease coats the right-hand armament, inflicting Scarlet Rot.
- Attacks cause buildup of Scarlet Rot (63)
- Lasts for 60 seconds
- Rot Damage = Max HP * 0.0018 + 15 health per second for 90s
Where to find Rot Grease in Elden Ring
- x1 Can be found on a corpse in Sellia Crystal Tunnel, near the first Site of Grace.
- One can be found in The Shaded Castle found on a body in the middle of the half raised Garden area in the middle of castle where a Royal Revenant is found. Map Link
- One can be found in Miquella's Haligtree. From the Haligtree Town Site of Grace, exit through the northwestern door. Then climb the ladder. At the top there is a Rot Grease, along with a Misbegotten and three Putrid Corpses.
- Lake of Rot. Found on a body lying in the Lake of Rot. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Lake Rot Video Location
- Video Location, Halligtree
- Video Location, Halligtree
Elden Ring Rot Grease Crafting Guide
To craft Rot Grease you would need the Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook  as well as the following Crafting Materials:
- Root Resin (x1)
- Aeonian Butterfly (x1)
Elden Ring Rot Grease Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 10 Rot Grease.
- You can store up to 600 Rot Grease.
- Sell Value: 200 Runes
- Alternatively, see Drawstring Rot Grease for a shorter duration, but higher potency grease.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
There is one in Miquella's Haligtree that is not listed, and you can find it by following the instructions to find the Pearldrake Talisman+2. Travel to the Haligtree Town Site of Grace and exit through the northwestern door. Then climb the ladder. At the top there is a Rot Grease, along with a Misbegotten and three Putrid Corpses.
Rot grease + a single two handed Antspurs Rapier is surprisingly deadly. Spam running r2's to roll catch and at the same time, proc rot in about 3 hits, counting the phantom / dodged hits as well.
Cursed strawberry pudding
The best way to build up rot by far, other than the rotten/ekzykes breath, is with rotbone arrows on a shortbow spamming rapid shot. Rotbone arrows are also a much easier recipe to get. This is crap.
But *how much* rot does it add?
If you put Rot Grease on Nagakiba and Double Slash Ash you basically have Rivers Of Rot.
How much rot buildup per hit?
There's I believe 2 grease in the ruins that contain the meteoric ore blade, south of the Aeonia shore highway
I wonder if this does a build up that is scaled to your weapon class or it it would be better to put this on a dagger/twinblade to get the rot in quickly
Rot build, here I come
Saw a comment on reddit about the recipe being found in lake of rot, nomadic coob book 22.
Cookbook is nomadic cookbook 22, found in the lake of rot!
Credits to u/Aexva on reddit, the real MVP
Saw someone use this as a solo melee in a Youtube video. Does it do burst damage?
Reminder . I'd you use this in pvp you're a damn bellend
where do I get the recipe??????
Useful against Draconic Tree Sentinel