Malenia's Great Rune
Attacks dealt after taking damage recover HP.
A Great Rune of the shardbearer Malenia.
The blessing of this half-rotted rune reduces the healing power of Flask of Crimson Tears.
And yet, due to the infusion of Malenia's spirit of resistance. attacks made immediately after receiving damage will partially recover HP.
Malenia is daughter to Queen Marika and Radagon, and her Great Rune should have been the most sacred of all.
Where to find Malenia's Great Rune in Elden Ring
Elden Ring Malenia's Great Rune Use
If you want to use Malenia's Great Rune, you will need to activate it at the Isolated Divine Tower which can be accessed via waygate from the Divine bridge [Map Link]. After completing Crumbling Farum Azula, the Divine Bridge waypoint can only be reached via a teleportation trap in the Tower Of Return.
Elden Ring Malenia's Great Rune Notes & Tips
- While this rune is active, getting hit will activate a small window of roughly 5 seconds where dealing damage will slightly restore HP up to the amount before you got hit.
- Self-inflicted damage such as Bloody Slash or Seppuku does not trigger this. Only enemy hits can trigger the rune's effect.
- The amount restored per hit is dependant on the type of attack (light, heavy, charged, jumping, etc) and your weapon class. Total damage does not affect the restored HP, but rather the damage modifiers of the weapon attack performed. This makes jumping attacks and charged attacks restore more % of HP on hit.
- Getting hit multiple times in a row will reset the restore point to the amount of HP you had after the previous hit. E.g. If hit 1 reduces you from 500 to 400 HP, then hit 2 reduces you from 400 to 300 HP, you will only be able to restore back up to 400 HP by dealing damage.
- There is a separate light-red HP bar that indicates how much HP you can restore through dealing damage.
- The Flask of Crimson Tears is reduced to 70% of its normal HP recovery amount while this Great Rune is active.
- Having the Great Rune just equipped (but not active) will not have any effect on the flask, only activating it with a Rune Arc will.