Jellyfish Shield is a unique Greatshield in Elden Ring. The Jellyfish Shield is a Shield that scales with Strength. Greatshields weigh a lot, but provide the best protection in the game. Greatshields provide a greater value of blocking and protecting one's self from enemy and boss attacks, but greatly increases the weight and reduces the player's mobility. This type of shield works best at reducing damage or guarding instead of parrying.
Contagious Fury lasts for 30 seconds and increases damage by 20%. However if you then two-hand the weapon the buff from jellyfish shield is removed
The see-through head is extremely light, but its flesh is supple, providing absolutely no protection from piercing attacks.
Although the text says that "It provides absolutely no protection from piercing attacks", being a 100% physical shield, it seems to block piercing attacks.
Where to Find Elden Ring Jellyfish Shield
The Jellyfish Shield Shield can be found at the following location:
- On a broken wagon next to a corpse surrounded by four Jellyfish, directly north of the Foot of the Four Belfries Site of Grace. [Elden Ring Map here]
Elden Ring Jellyfish Shield Notes & Tips
- Shield Skill: Contagious Fury
- This shield cannot be infused with Ashes of War.
- Can be buffed with Magic and Consumables.
- Sell Value: 200
- Despite its description stating it provides "Absolutely no protection from piercing attacks" it does in fact offer its 100% physical block rate against piercing/thrusting attacks.
- Contagious Fury boosts all damage by 20% for 30 seconds.
- You can surprisingly stack the buff with a jellyfish shield in each hand if you two-hand the left one, use Contagious Fury, then switch to holding both shields and use the ash of war again, this time using the right hand shield. Of course, you can't use any weapons while holding two jellyfish shields but it does boost the damage of consumables if you want to be cheeky and kill a boss with throwing knives.
Jellyfish Shield Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|