The Elden Ring Closed Network Test was a testing phase and demo for the game, it was announced on October 18th 2021 and players had until November 1st 2021 to register for a chance to participate in the Closed Network Test. Previews have been commonplace with many FromSoftware titles prior to release. Network Tests often comprise of near-complete builds of a game and are designed to stress test servers in Online play while providing players with a functional preview of the game's features...
Elden Ring Network Test Information
Elden Ring Network Test Time and Date
Test Closed Network Test happened at the designated times below, participants recieved invitations by November 9th, 2021.
- Session 1: Friday, November 12, 20:00 - 23:00 (JST)
- Session 2: Saturday, November 13, 12:00 - 15:00(JST)
- Session 3: Sunday, November 14, 4:00-7:00 a.m.(JST)
- Session 4: Sunday, November 14, 20:00 - 23:00(JST)
- Session 5: Monday, November 15, 12:00 - 15:00(JST)
US Pacific Timezone
- Session 1 - November 12th (Fri) from 3:00am to 6:00am PT
- Session 2 - November 12th (Fri) from 7:00pm to 10:00pm PT
- Session 3 - November 13th (Sat) from 11:00am to 2:00pm PT
- Session 4 - November 14th (Sun) from 3:00am to 6:00am PT
- Session 5 - November 14th (Sun) from 7:00pm to 10:00pm PT
The network test is a preliminary verification test in which those selected as testers play the game prior to the official launch of the service.
By conducting large-scale network load tests, we will be able to verify various technologies of the online system.
This is a test to improve the quality of the product, and playing the network test will be free of charge.
This section will detail all available equipment during the Network Test.
- Daggers: Reduvia
- Straight Swords: Longsword
- Greatswords: Bastard Sword, Ordovis' Greatsword
- Curved Swords: Scimitar
- Katanas: Dragonscale Blade
- Double-Edged Swords: Twinblade
- Hammers: Club
- Axes: Battle Axe
- Spears: Winged Spear
- Great Spears: Lance
- Light Bows: Shortbow
- Glintstone Staffs: Carian Sorcerer Staff
- Sacred Seals: Clawmark Seal, Finger Seal
- Barricade Shield
- Blood Blade
- Brave War Cry
- Buckler Parry
- Carian Glintsword
- Charge Forth
- Firing Position
- Hailstorm Sword
- Holy Ground
- Ordovis' Vortex
- Parry Skill
- Piercing Fang
- Repeating Thrust
- Sorcerer Hunter
- Spinning Slash
- Square Off
- Step In (Upward Cut)
- Storm Blade
- Storm Stomp
- Torch Attack
Elden Ring Demo Information
The main objectives of the ELDEN RING network test were as follows
- Verification of game server load
- We will verify the gameplay with a large number of people connected at the same time and with a heavy load on the game server.
Verification of multiplayer play
- We will verify various problems that occur when players play multiplayer games with many players through different network environments, and various phenomena that occur when many people participate.
Verification of game balance
- We will verify the overall game balance in multiplay where players interfere or cooperate with each other.
- In the ELDEN RING network test, you will play as a pre-set player character, exploring fields and dungeons, fighting enemies, and playing online elements.
Please note that the game data is still under development. There is a possibility that problems may occur during play, and we ask for your understanding and patience in advance.