D, Beholder of Death
|Location||Nokron, Eternal City|
|Role||Quest NPC and Summon|
D, Beholder of Death (real name: Devin) is an NPC in Elden Ring. He can be found in Nokron, Eternal City, east of the Great Waterfall Basin grace. To interact with D, Beholder of Death, you need the Twinned Armor. If given the armor, he will be available as a summon against the Valiant Gargoyle pair. He is the twin brother of Darian, also known as D, Hunter of the Dead.
Ah, aah... D-da...ri... Ngh...nnngh...
D, Beholder of Death Location and Questline in Elden Ring:
D, Beholder of Death can be found at Nokron, Eternal City, east of the Great Waterfall Basin grace, against the railing of the balcony just outside the Valiant Gargoyle boss arena in the Siofra Aqueduct. (Map Link)
Attempting to interact with him awards the player with the Inner Order gesture.
If given the unaltered Twinned Set, he can be summoned to assist with the Valiant Gargoyle and Valiant Gargoyle (Twinblade) in the Siofra Aqueduct, next to where he can initially be found. Reloading the map or observing his summon sign will make him disappear from his initial location.
He can next be found at Fia's location in the Deeproot Depths, if the player has received the Mending Rune of the Death-Prince from her and given him the Twinned Set. After reloading the area he will be found gloating over her corpse, having killed her. [Elden Ring Map Link]
After interacting with him next to Fia, exhausting his dialogue, and reloading the area again, he will have vanished, leaving the Twinned Set and the Inseparable Sword behind.
If the player has acquired the Twinned Set from Darian, Hunter of the Dead by killing him at his first location and given Devin the Twinned set, he will instead turn hostile upon reloading the area and attack the player. He will drop the Twinned Set and Inseparable Sword if defeated.
- Giving him the armor when Fia is unavailable means you cannot get it back until a certain point in the game progression.
- This NPC moves.
- This NPC can be fought (either at the end of Fia's questline, or at his initial location, if the player killed D in Limgrave).
- If defeated, drops:
Dialogue in Elden Ring: D, Beholder of Death
When spoken to before questline progression
After giving Twinned Armor
- "Ah, aah...
After giving Twinned Armor and reloading the area, if D was killed by the player at Limgrave
- (Combat) "You will know vengeance for Darian.
The wrath of D..."
Finding him at Fia's body
- "Ha! Prince of Death, take a good long look!
See the wrath of the Golden Order! The Order's justice, writ in blood!
This is what's become of your precious witch! Naught but expired meat and bone!
Look at this rotten *****. No more children can be got from this useless flesh!
Behold, your mother is dead!
Heh heh heh heh...This is revenge, you witch! And you, you ghoul! This is the wrath of D!"
Talking to him afterwards
- "Ah. Hello.
The rotten witch is dead. The Golden Order, unsullied.
Now I can look my brother Darian in the eye.
Honeyed rays of gold, deliver my spirit."
- "Darian, now I have no regrets.
Honeyed rays of gold, deliver my spirit."
"What's the meaning of this? Has she bewitched you?"
"Very well. Then you are a blight. A defiler of the Golden Order, and murderer of my brother. Die! Die! Die!"
"I'll grind your corpse into that vile wench's rotting remains. A witch's eternal embrace, just as you wished!"
- (On player kill)
"You defiled cretin. My brother is now avenged!"
- "How could this...
Forgive me, Darian... D-Darian..."
Elden Ring D's Twin Brother Notes & Trivia
- A golden barrier is protecting him at his first location if rolling, jumping or attacking (near) him.
- He is first mentioned (unless the player kills his brother in Limgrave) in Rogier's Letter.
- His name is Devin; D mentions his name when apologizing whilst dying if the player kills him at Limgrave.
- If provoked after giving him the armor, D's Brother wields the Inseparable Sword and a sacred seal, which he uses to cast Discus of Light.
- Killing him for his gear is unnecessary: exhausting his dialogue after he kills Fia and reloading the area by resting at the nearby grace will result in him vanishing, with his gear left behind at the spot he was standing.