Superior incantation of Dragon Communion. Channels the power of the great wyrm Theodorix.
Transforms caster into a great wyrm to spew a large volume of magma breath. Allows one follow-up attack.
The name of the ancient troll warrior Theodorix lives on — as a hero of the War against the Giants.
Where to find Theodorix's Magma
Where to find Theodorix's Magma:
- Can be purchased at the Dragon Communion Altar at the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid for 2 Dragon Hearts. Players need to defeat Great Wyrm Theodorix in order to unlock this Incantation. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Elden Ring Theodorix's Magma Guide
- Dragon Communion Incantation
- Stamina Cost: 60 (per shot)
- Deals Fire Damage.
- Deals on average 40% more damage than Magma Breath, with a bigger scatter area of the magma pool effect.
- Can be cast twice before incurring the downtime, and you can swivel your character while casting to spew in different directions.
- Damaging magma pools generated by this spell can stack on top of each other.
- It takes on average 5 seconds to complete the full cast, with the first projectile landing around the 2.5-second mark.
- Unlike other named breath incantations, cannot be cast while jumping, and your character does not hover while casting.
- Theodorix's Magma is the only named breath incantation that uses up Stamina for the second cast and requires at least 1 stamina point to cast twice, regardless of the caster's FP.
- If an enemy is hit at point-blank range the damage will be doubled.
- Can be used on horseback.
Elden Ring Theodorix's Magma Note and Tips
- Updated to Patch 1.09.1. See Patch Notes for details.
- To get double damage easier at point-blank range, try using Dragonmaw before Theodorix's Magma to gain the float and lunge property to close the distance.
- This spell might require free aiming if the intent is to land the projectile on top of the enemy instead of hitting their feet.
- This spell is best used for casters who have a large stamina bar and fp bar.
- Casters can shoot both magma shots on their feet to zone out enemies and create space for users to apply buff or consumables.
- Can be used as an alternative to Giantsflame Take Thee, as it deals fire damage, cost only one memory slot, has good AoE, can be cast twice, and leaves pools of lava.
- Lava pools can remove Frostbite and can synergize well with spells that can quickly reapply the status effect multiple times, such as Borealis's Mist.
- Other notes and player tips go here.