Legendary sorcery associated with the Carian queen.
Uses the caster as a vessel to incarnate a cold, dark moon, then sends it floating toward foes. The dark moon dispels all sorcery that touches it, and temporarily reduces magic damage negation for those it strikes.
This moon was encountered by a young Ranni, led by the hand of her mother, Rennala. What she beheld was cold, dark and veiled in occult mystery.
Where to find Ranni's Dark Moon
Where to find Ranni's Dark Moon:
- Chelona's Rise: Found in a chest at the top of the tower after unlocking the seal. See the Chelona's Rise page for details on how to unseal the tower. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Note: This spell and the location it is found in is accessible only after you have made significant progress in Ranni's questline which will grant you access to the upper plateau in southwest Liurnia.
Elden Ring Ranni's Dark Moon Guide
- Full Moon Sorcery
- Stamina Cost: 32
- This sorcery is boosted by the Carian Regal Scepter, as well as the Snow Witch Hat.
- This sorcery deals magic damage, and will build Frostbite (270) on vulnerable enemies. It is possible it will apply it immediately.
- Reduces the target's magic negation by 20% (10% in PVP). If this manages to trigger Frostbite on your target, which reduces damage negation by a further 20%, total reduction is around ~30%.
- Damage negation lasts for one minute.
- This spell reduces damage negation. It does not mean an enemy will take 10% more damage. The amount of increased damage a target will take is thus based upon how much magic negation they have.
- Ranni's Dark Moon draws in other sorcery in its path and cancels them out.
- Further testing may be required to determine exactly when this property begins.
- While it may have incredibly high damage, Ranni's Dark Moon has a long casting animation and can be canceled if struck by an enemy before the projectile launches.
- This is a Power Shred Debuff and will not stack with other debuffs of the same type.
- See Buffs and Debuffs for more information on stacking debuffs.
- NOTE: Since Patch 1.07 FP Consumption has been Decreased from 62 to 57.
Best Ranni's Dark Moon Buffs
Use these Buffs to maximize the performance of Ranni's Dark Moon. Note that increases in attack power are multiplicative unless stated otherwise.
Ranni's Dark Moon
|Carian Regal Scepter||+15% Attack Power (needs confirmation)||Depending on Intelligence and Sorcery Scaling other staves may be better.|
|Graven-Mass Talisman||+8% Attack Power||Can be used with Graven-School Talisman, and stacks additively with it.|
|Graven-School Talisman||+4% Attack Power||Can be used with Graven-Mass Talisman, and stacks additively with it.|
|Lord of Blood's Exultation||+20% Attack Power||Lasts 20 seconds when a nearby player or enemy is inflicted with blood loss.|
|Magic Scorpion Charm||+12% Attack Power||Increases physical damage taken by 10%.|
|Magic-Shrouding Cracked Tear||+20% Attack Power (+15% PvP)||Lasts 3 minutes.|
|Rallying Standard||+20% Attack Power||Lasts 30 seconds.|
|Ritual Sword Talisman||+10% Attack Power||Must be at full health.|
|Snow Witch Hat||+10% Attack Power|
|Terra Magica||+35% Attack Power||Lasts 30 seconds.|
|White Mask||+10% Attack Power||Lasts 20 seconds when a nearby player or enemy is inflicted with blood loss.|
Ranni's Dark Moon Notes and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.