Ash of War: Prelate's Charge is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Prelate's Charge provides Flame affinity and the Prelate's Charge Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Flame affinity and the following skill:
"Prelate's Charge: Slam armament into the ground to create a surge of flames, then charge in. Hold to continue the charge."
Usable on large and colossal axes and hammers.
Ash of War: Prelate's Charge Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Prelate's Charge:
- In Mountaintops of the Giants. South of Whiteridge Road Grace. Inside a Fire Monk campsite, look for the scarab hanging on a tree. Elden Ring Interactive Map Link.
Ash of War: Prelate's Charge Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Prelate's Charge.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Fire, Flame Art
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Great Hammers, Greataxes, Colossal Weapons
Elden Ring Ash of War: Prelate's Charge Notes & Tips
- This skill costs 7 FP to start the charge and then 7 FP continuously to keep charging
- When infused into a weapon like the Great Stars, HP can be recovered per hit (which is potentially a lot)
- Using the spell Bloodflame Blade, HP can not only be recovered from the leftover flames on the ground damaging targets, but it also causes Bleed buildup on top of what is already being dealt by the AoW hitting the target with the weapon itself, making it a deadly option against bosses like Malenia, Blade of Miquella and most humanoid enemies