This is the page for the Ash of War: Thop's Barrier. Click here for the sorcery Thops's Barrier (Spell)
Ash of War: Thops's Barrier is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Thops's Barrier provides Magic affinity and the Thops's Barrier Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Magic affinity and the following skill:
"Thops's Barrier: Erect a magical forcefield while swinging the shield to deflect sorceries and incantations. Can also be used in the same way as a regular parry."
Usable on small and medium shields.
Ash of War: Thops's Barrier Location in Elden Ring
- In Church of Irith: Dropped by a Teardrop Scarab after delivering the spare Academy Glintstone Key to Thops. Reload the area after delivering the key to spawn the scarab. [Map Link]
Ash of War: Thops's Barrier Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Thops's Barrier.
- Provides the Magic affinity, which adds Magic damage and Intelligence scaling, reduces Base damage and Strength / Dexterity scaling
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Magic, Cold
- Can be applied to Small Shields and Medium Shields.
- Thops's Barrier has 11 start-up frames, 9 active frames, and 31 recovery frames (at 60 FPS).
- See Parrying for detailed information on the mechanic and a comparison of different parry skills.
- Formerly dropped by a teleporting scarab on a small island in Liurnia, it has since been patched to coincide with Thops’s questline.