Burial Tree Watchdog is a Boss in Elden Ring. Burial Tree Watchdog is part of the Closed Network Test and is found within the Stormfoot Catacombs when exploring the area. This is an optional boss, but defeating it drops a useful item, as well as Runes.
A large feline-hound looking guardian that serves as a "Watchdog" for the Burial Tree of the Stormfoot Catacombs.
Burial Tree Watchdog Boss in Elden Ring
- This boss is optional.
- This is a Foe class boss.
- Closest Site of Grace: Stormfoot Catacombs, entrance
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- Spirits summons are possible for this boss
Where to find Burial Tree Watchdog in Elden Ring
The Burial Tree Watchdog boss in the Network Test of Elden Ring can be found at the Stormfoot Catacombs in Limgrave. The boss arena can be found on the other side of the locked door. There is only one locked door within the area that requires you to find the lever within the catacombs to unlock it.
Burial Tree Watchdog Boss Guide for Elden Ring
Video Guide for Burial Tree Watchdog Boss
[video coming soon]
Burial Tree Watchdog Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Burial Tree Watchdog:
- Be wary of his fire breathing attack, as it has longer range than you'd anticipate
- When he does repeated plunge attacks you'll have to dodge or run away, as this attack can hit even if you're Blocking. He can do this sometimes 5 or 6 times in a row, so you'll just have to be patient when this happens.
- Try to get to the side of him if possible to get in some attacks, but don't get greedy as he has a 180 horizontal attack that can hit you even when positioned there.
- Northern Mercenary Ashes make this fight a breeze so consider using them if you need help.
The strategy for melee in this fight is trying to bait his attacks so that you can move to his side and attack him a few times before dodging out of the way. It doesn't hurt to have a good Shield, since some of his sword attacks have longer range than you'd think.
When he does his fire breath, it's a great opportunity to get into position on his side and start swinging, just don't get greedy because he tends to recover more quickly than you'd think. Just attack him a couple of times and roll away.
If you're really having trouble just pop the Northern Mercenary Ashes and this guy will go down real fast while you both attack him.
Magic and Ranged Strategy
This fight is considerably easier for ranged and magic users since all you need to do is keep separation and continue to range him down. You may have to roll away several times during his hovering plunging attack, since he likes to do this many times in a row, but eventually he will stop. If you try to Block it, it may go behind your Shield and damage you anyway.
Attacks & Counters
Elden Ring Burial Tree Watchdog Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Voice Actor: Voice Actor go here
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
Image Gallery for Burial Tree Watchdog in Elden Ring
[screenshots and artwork go here]