Channel the power of the crucible to spin the entire sword in
midair, building momentum before slamming the blade down
onto the ground.
This skill can be charged to increase its power.
Ordovis's Vortex is a Skill in Elden Ring. Ordovis's Vortex allows the user to spin the blade before slamming it down, it can be charged to increase its power. Updated to Patch 1.07.
How to get Ordovis's Vortex in Elden Ring
- Default skill for the Ordovis's Greatsword.
Elden Ring Ordovis's Vortex Guide
- This is a Unique Skill
- FP Cost: 15
- This Skill is Chargeable
- Damage type is Physical Damage and Holy Damage
- Deals 30 stance damage.
- Damage scales with weapon upgrade level, Strength and Faith (and Dexterity to a lesser extent)
Note: This Skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows:
- Attack power, motion speed and poise damage have been increased.
- Poise during casting has been increased.
- Delay between the end of various actions (like using items or attack animations) and being able to perform the skill has been reduced.
Elden Ring Ordovis's Vortex Notes & Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
I found this to be a great punishment in the second phase of the Malenia fight, when she just won't stop chasing after you.
the stagger on this fully charged is actually absurd, usually stun a boss in 1 or 2 hits. i love this weapon art
This is pretty good
A fully charged use of this with all shockwaves connecting will do 82 poise damage.
Charging doesn't just increase the power, it adds shockwaves; uncharged only has one, but fully charged has 3 in very rapid succession. It's very effective and stance breaking.
Bruh this buff was VERY generous for this Greatsword. It’s one of my new favorite weapons/AoWs. This with the shard of Alexander can take chunks out of the side bosses health bar
just got a HUGE buff in motion speed its actually amazing now
The AMoGuS is CoMiNG
I've found that using this during critical hit windows deals more damage than a crit would. Especially useful on large enemies. Better for style points than anything else though!
Upsettlingly terrible. The wind up alone will clue anyone in to just casually stand a good 2 feet back. Nice way to get stabbed to death.
looks super flashy but with my faith build normal swinging and using crucible incantations does more damage